IGNORED

interchange of oil filters

grannyknot

Is there some list of interchangeability of oil filters?  I ask because the oil filter for my Subaru Outback has shrunk over the years, the current filter is smaller than the filter on my lawn tractor!  When I got the car ten yrs ago the oil filter was 3x as large, the photo is the current Subaru filter PH6607 next to the PH2 filter for my truck. Just looking for a decent sized filter that will fit.

Thanks,

Chris

IMG_0091.JPG

Strangely enough the filter off of my old Lincoln MKX is the same size thread and o ring but significantly smaller. I put it on the engine for the “break-in” oil that Is just sitting in there till I get the engine tuned. PH3600 (yes cheap Fram filter) I have a Napa Gold to go on the finished engine.

d2eab5e5a9429093959383fe99198ffc.jpg&key=8e4b5579c47118e6bcb6f4fd5ef86d2f174ffea50c4993467c9cff69f23b7c0e

The research I’ve done for my other cars is the Wixx makes the best filters (same a Napa Gold). Someone on YouTube cut most of the main brands open and Wixx was consistently the best made with the best filter. Fram was by far the worst. Bosch and tested as average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1