IGNORED

Key way gone wrong

madkaw

12 hours ago, madkaw said:

The engine looked good besides this . It was salvageable but ended up at the recycle center . The rest of the car  was riddled with half-assed’ness. SU carbs were way out of whack too. 

You should send those 2 photos to the seller just to hear his excuse,  BTW hope you got a good price for your engine, the buyer is going to be very pleased.

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

You should send those 2 photos to the seller just to hear his excuse,  BTW hope you got a good price for your engine, the buyer is going to be very pleased.

The unique part of the sale of my engine is that he got to ride in my car before the purchase. The way his eyes lit up during the test drive I knew it was sold. He couldn’t believe it was so fast( relative term for sure). As he left I told him(27 years of age and his first manual trans car) that he had more engine than car now - so be careful. 

I wish I knew the guy that sold him his car so I could forward him these pics . There’s no denying the facts here.

And yes I got a good price and labor to install and tune his car. Like I said - he has more engine than car now in many ways  $$$$$$ .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Diseazd said:

BTW Capt.....you want a tight fit on your damper.....some race dampers require up to 250lbs. of torque to install.

Well part of the reason I brought it up was to illustrate that the stock damper is NOT really a tight fit on the crank.

I'm confident that the damper has never ever been off my F54 since it left the factory and with clean mounting surfaces it's sized to be a slip fit onto the crank shout.

5 hours ago, 240260280 said:

de-burring rules!

I hate burrs. I deburr everything. Even the stuff that doesn't matter.

Couple days ago I spent an hour grinding the casting flash seams off the outside of my P79. No functional reason. Maybe I could convince someone it's easier to clean. The real reason I cut the back of a knuckle on one of them when I was working on my broken cam motor. I liked the results so I did the same thing to the P79.

9 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I hate burrs. I deburr everything. Even the stuff that doesn't matter.

Couple days ago I spent an hour grinding the casting flash seams off the outside of my P79. No functional reason. Maybe I could convince someone it's easier to clean. The real reason I cut the back of a knuckle on one of them when I was working on my broken cam motor. I liked the results so I did the same thing to the P79.

What were the tools of choice for this?