IGNORED

Old rear brake conversion repair, NEED HELP!

johncdeere

I converted my 1971 240Z to rear disc in about 2006. It was a kit like The Z Store has but I don't remember if it was from there or not. Now I've got a leak on 1 caliper and can't match parts. It list 85-86 Maxima but that doesn't match what I was remembering. It sticks in my mind as a 240SX possibly.

Anyone remember what it might have used in that time frame?

1 hour ago, johncdeere said:

rear disc in about 2006.

It was a kit like The Z Store

It list 85-86 Maxima but that doesn't match what I was remembering. It sticks in my mind as a 240SX possibly.

Anyone remember what it might have used in that time frame?

You're asking people to interpret your memories and compare to their memories..  A picture might be better.

Yes that does sound a little bad when you read it back like that. The problem is I can't get pictures of it that easily right now. It's at a shop where they keep having to put the wheel back on to clear the lift. I did dig in other old threads and found references to the 240SX on other kits.

I just need to get a new one ordered and put them side by side. I was hoping someone could help me narrow it down.

Note to self: Not saving paperwork so that wife doesn't know how much you spend can come back to bite you.

Thanks guys. I'll get pictures if I can't find a match.

@johncdeere

I have a printed MSA catalog from around 2006. In the "new products" section they have a rear disk brake conversion kit. There are three options.

1) buy all of the brackets, hoses, bolts, etc that you will need. With this kit you had to supply the calipers and rotors.

2) buy all of the above and they supply solid rotors and calipers.

3) buy all of the above and they supply drilled rotors and calipers.

In the first option above, you had to supply the following:

- 82-83 ZX rotors.

- 85-88 Maxima front wheel drive calipers.

Also, fyi, I have a 2007 Black Dragon catalog and there is no option for a rear disk conversion kit.

Edited by jonathanrussell