IGNORED

Rare Blue on Blue Series I on Craigslist

After taking a second look at the listing, I realized that I overlooked that the seller mentions in his listing below that the car has its original paint. After looking through all of the pictures, it certainly looks like it has its original paint,  except for a little dab of blue paint on the upper right hand corner of the data plate in the driver's door jamb.  

UP FOR SALE IS MY 1971 DATSUN 240Z, CLEAN TITLE, NUMBERS MATCHING, RUNS AND DRIVES GREAT. VERY LITTLE RUST, CAR HAS TRIPLE WEBER CARBS 40, HEADER AND FULL EXHAUST, THE CAR WAS PURCHASED FROM ARIZONA, IT HAS A NEW REPRODUCTION DASH NOT A COVER, LIKE NEW TIRES, URETHANE BUSHINGS THOUGH OUT CAR AND LOWERED, ORIGINAL PAINT. THE REAR OF CAR WHERE THE PRIMER IS, THE CAR HAD A 3 PIECE SPOILER THAT THE PREVIOUS OWNER REMOVED.

FEEL FREE TO CALL OR TEXT ME WITH ANY OTHER QUESTIONS. IF I DO NOT ANSWER SEND A TEXT AND I WILL CALL YOU BACK. $15,000.
239-810-2654
BRANDON

I call BS on the original paint.

For that call, I cite (in addition to the blue on the door jamb plate) overspray on the wiper stalks, hood latch, and brake booster check valve. In addition, it appears there is blue paint on TOP of the dirt on the hood hinges.

I got no dog in this fight, but I call BS.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

For that call, I cite (in addition to the blue on the door jamb plate) overspray on the wiper stalks, hood latch, and brake booster check valve. In addition, it appears there is blue paint on TOP of the dirt on the hood hinges.

Good catch on the wiper stalks and the hood latch, Captain Obvious!  

00808_kLgXBbBYehO_1200x900.jpg

Looks like a solid Series I to me. A new dash is a great start to a really nice resto. Glad I have no garage space, but Steve, this one could be a nice resto for about 20M in addition to the 15M. IMO However it is missing that 2400 valve cover.

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Diseazd said:

Looks like a solid Series I to me. A new dash is a great start to a really nice resto. Glad I have no garage space, but Steve, this one could be a nice resto for about 20M in addition to the 15M. IMO However it is missing that 2400 valve cover.

6 minutes ago, Diseazd said:

Thanks Blue...never was too good in history. It does look like a very restorable Series I though, and good shells are getting harder to find. 

I agree with you, Guy.  The seller states that the car is from Arizona (he also said it had its original paint too), but aside from the doglegs, it looks to be pretty solid. I like the fact that it has a new reproduction dash that you mentioned in your earlier post, that's a big savings of about $2,400.00 plus avoiding a huge hassle of removing the dash, shipping it, waiting for who knows how long before it is returned, then having to reinstall the dash.   

• 3 weeks later...

T

On 7/10/2019 at 8:05 AM, Captain Obvious said:

The car is now listed on eBay. Funny thing is, he doesn't mention anything about the "original paint" this time around.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-Datsun-Z-Series/153583944431?hash=item23c25102ef:g:o~sAAOSwtEVdPlW1