Differential fluid - Page 3 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Differential fluid

Featured Replies

I used a pipe wrench and my floor jack to get mine loose.

Get the pipe wrench griped on and then the floor jack under the handle to push up, counter clockwise.

 

I have used the jack and wrench/vise grip trick a few times but mostly on the fill plug for the tranny. I once had the car start to lift off the jack stands the plug was so tight. Heat was the solution.

I had the same thing happen! That's when it broke loose though and the car came back down.

I now have a Bernzomatic torch head that works with those cheap green propane camping bottles. They get hot enough for my needs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.