IGNORED

Car wont turn over!

moozieman

Hi! So ive been having an issue getting my 1977 280z to start. I have spark, compression, and have been running fuel manually with an extra battery and test leads on the fuel pump. I think it sounds like the engines firing, but it just doesnt wanna turn over. Any suggestions?

I'd check the basics, rotor button, cap, plug wires and finally the timing. If the timing is too low it'll be really slow turning over and wont start. Loosen the dizzy and get someone to crank it, turning the dizzy CCW (I think) then It'll spin over quicker.

If it's starved for fuel your metal filter up front may be stopped up. There $10.

Make sure the firing order is right.

8.jpg

Edited by siteunseen
  • Like 1

I would start one thread and stay on it.  You covered your fuel pump problems in a different thread but that's not mentioned here.

Try starting fluid.  And remember that "turn over" and "crank" mean the same thing, it's what the starter does, and that "fire" means the engine is trying to run on its own.

• Like 1