IGNORED

71 at Copart in Arlington WA

Terrapin Z

If I make a purchase that the seller obviously mislead but I purchased through my credit card, I can dispute the purchase and the credit card company will back me up.  That is why I don't have paypal connected to my checking.  Only my credit card.  I wonder how successful he would have been if he disputed the purchase with his credit card company? 

Its easy to get taken when purchasing a car, especially an 50 year old Z if you don't know what you are looking for.  But this is a little extreme. I think I would have won the battle with my credit card company.  I would have told those clowns to come and get their car.

BTW, DC Mike, I would be very careful scraping or parting that thing out, especially if you plan to try again. Whatever you sell, you might need very soon.  Plus it might make excellent documentation if you tear down another car to restore it (speaking from experience on that one :) )

Yeah I really wish there was some recourse @87mj but since this was a salvage yard and they have specific language in the agreement that everything is sold as-is and with no promises, they also only deal in cash, I'm assuming so people don't really have that option.

So I did end up picking up a '73 240 that I went to see in person this time. Still have some repairs to be done, but I am holding on the first car for parts and reference as I start to restore this one. It did definitely help having taken apart the first one already and kind know what to expect.  Thanks for the replt.

• Like 1

Sorry to see how rusty and beat up the car is, especially since it's an early car.

The moral we all need to keep in mind:

Get someone to look the car over directly. Post the request on here if you don't know anyone nearby. Otherwise, assume the worst.

• Like 1