IGNORED

L28 misfire at idle

Dave WM

I found another leaking injector (at the junction of the steel body to the plastic part with the connecter). I was also trying to see if I could further isolate the slight miss I still hear. I did the power test and while each cylinder would cause a slight drop in RPM when disabled, I noted the #2 also seemed to stop the miss as well as drop the idle. It happens to be the one that is leaking as well so will replace that one.

On the head gasket issue, I did the chem test on my 75 and it did not change the intensity of the blue color at all. While with this engine I could get a slightly lighter shade of blue (but never turned yellow). So I am unsure about the status based on the test. I have a 160f thermostat coming and plan to replace the one I have in there now. I used the 160 on my 75 and seems to work well. Will try it again when I have replaced the injector and the stat.