IGNORED

Blue 1970 S30 on BAT

Mike

8 hours ago, NVZEE said:

Where these things so often go off the rails is the debate over “correctness” - as in, that shouldn’t be that way, period. There doesn’t appear to be anything in the description that claims it’s The One True Datsun, but rather a nicely maintained and presented example. This is a used car, nearly 50 years old. If there’s no misrepresentation of what it is or isn’t, the discussion about variations and changes can be interesting and educational. But the ego-polishers charge in with their absolutes and the whole process gets hijacked.

I think the debates start to get worse when the price goes up.  From what I've seen, there seems to be tipping point where a high bidding price assumes the car should be 'correct' in many aspects.  There are many great Z's out there for sale, however, when they reach this kind of price range the owner should know about these corrections.  Aside from the dash, the other changes don't seem to be that bad. 

My ultimate gripe with some of the comments on BAT are the lack of helpful information.  I'd rather see these guys state their observation and offer some advice on how to remedy the problem.  A new owner shelling out $40k+ will want real information, not a pissing contest...   That's why we should invite them here --  we can truly help them get their car to the next level.

Mike

• Like 2

On 5/4/2019 at 7:20 AM, Captain Obvious said:

"there has been some discussion of this car on a prominent Z car website, Classiczcars.com"

Woot. We're prominent!!    :victorious:

Uh oh!  Does that mean I have to start wearing a tie?  ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mike said:

My ultimate gripe with some of the comments on BAT are the lack of helpful information.  I'd rather see these guys state their observation and offer some advice on how to remedy the problem.  A new owner shelling out $40k+ will want real information, not a pissing contest...  

One of the factors to take into account with regard to Bring-A-Troller is that comments are pre-moderated. If the moderators don't think your sincerely-offered, helpully-intended observations (ahem...) are of interest or of relevance to the auction process then there's a good chance they simply won't get through their net.

Meanwhile, certain 'players' are seen to be part of the in-crowd and even their most inane and sloppy posts get a free pass. Even when you do make the cut, if enough members of the in-crowd don't like the perceived tone of your trolling well-intentioned pithy observations then phut, you're 'unhelpful' and gone.

By all means get them over here and see if it's possible to teach them the difference between 'Concours' and 'Concourse', 'Camaro' and 'Camero'.  

• Like 1

I don’t know about BAT comments being pre-screened. From my experience, a comment is instantly posted and then left to readers to “flag as not constructive” if someone feels that way. It’s surprising that isn’t used more frequently as a weapon in some disputes, but people seem to respect the power to edit one another and use it with discretion.

2 hours ago, NVZEE said:

I don’t know about BAT comments being pre-screened. From my experience, a comment is instantly posted and then left to readers to “flag as not constructive” if someone feels that way. It’s surprising that isn’t used more frequently as a weapon in some disputes, but people seem to respect the power to edit one another and use it with discretion.

I've had some posts go through instantly.  However, some of my posts have been queued (and never posted).  They may be looking for keywords on some posts so they can be reviewed before going live.

11 hours ago, HS30-H said:

One of the factors to take into account with regard to Bring-A-Troller is that comments are pre-moderated. If the moderators don't think your sincerely-offered, helpully-intended observations (ahem...) are of interest or of relevance to the auction process then there's a good chance they simply won't get through their net.

Meanwhile, certain 'players' are seen to be part of the in-crowd and even their most inane and sloppy posts get a free pass. Even when you do make the cut, if enough members of the in-crowd don't like the perceived tone of your trolling well-intentioned pithy observations then phut, you're 'unhelpful' and gone.

By all means get them over here and see if it's possible to teach them the difference between 'Concours' and 'Concourse', 'Camaro' and 'Camero'.  

thats the full problem there.  you can tell the little gangs, the seller of that car(240guild) seems to comment on every 240 sale, even advertising the totally distasteful cars hes planning on making on other car threads.

Its a playground for those who like to bully.

I'm posting to say that my dealings with Robert and the 240Z Guild have shown me that they have a love for the marque, extensive knowledge of these cars, and integrity.  If there's an unfair pile on, it's right here on this thread and not on BaT.

Like or dislike the custom cars, the fact is they are re-imagining and re-purposing cars that are too far gone for anything else, and making them into something creative and unique. The cars may or may not be your cup of tea, but methinks the effort is worthwhile - and kind of fun! 

My car is at the 240Z Guild shop right now, and if they remain true to form, I hope to be a really happy guy this summer ? .

Edited by Rodeo