Swapping to f54/p90 - Page 5 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Swapping to f54/p90

Featured Replies

The thing about the mounts, including the trans and diff, is that they have a lot of rubber.  So I didn't feel bad putting a little bit of tension on them.  I levered things together and bolted them down.  They settle and distort over the years anyway, and move a lot when in use.

As I recall, I ended up finding a set of oem mounts.....aftermarket set did not align up...

  • Author
4 hours ago, GV Z Car said:

As I recall, I ended up finding a set of oem mounts.....aftermarket set did not align up...

Do you have a part number?

  • Author

I have Westar EM-2401. Anyone know the correct bolt size? The threaded receiver is full of paint dont want to strip the thread and bore.

 

Oem motor mount p/n : 

 
11220-N3300
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

New gasket and fasteners

39C113BB-BDB1-4036-BD6B-3F3A6E598955.jpeg

7BE06F8D-74D1-4F1A-8170-93832B71264F.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by Sailor Bob

  • Author

I have the rails but i am using the base pan off the old engine.  They looked kind of ratty. Im guessing i dont need them.

replacement bolts are all the same length.

 

 

Edited by Sailor Bob

I think that they reduce the odds of leaks.  Maybe also strengthen the seal for when you bump the bottom of the pan on something.

  • Author
5 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I think that they reduce the odds of leaks.  Maybe also strengthen the seal for when you bump the bottom of the pan on something.

Yeah, you're quoting my conscience. 

  • Author

Flywheel prepped/installed. Had to lay the header on.... i think something moved.

6C2DBF90-BFED-4CDF-B22D-AE5913EFC697.jpeg

2706D758-612F-4F5D-BC73-F7310448D8E5.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.