IGNORED

Parts Wanted: 280 Power Antenna Part

S30Driver

280 Power Antenna Part

I have a 280z antenna that is functional except for the cracked white nylon drive piece.  It is a friction fit to the shaft and slips due to the cracks.

Looking for the white drive piece or a broken 280 antenna if that part is usable.

• Advertiser
    S30Driver
  • Date
    04/04/2019
  • Price
  • Category
  • Year
  • Model
    280z

Yes it is Charles.  I uploaded a second picture in the original post,  If you click on "view advert" it can be seen.

It is the part driven by the motors worm gear that turns the clutch & antenna line assembly.  The shaft is knurled for the nylon part to fit tightly on.

antenna part 2.jpg

Edited by S30Driver
add pix

2 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Yes it is Charles.  I uploaded a second picture in the original post,  If you click on "view advert" it can be seen.

It is the part driven by the motors worm gear that turns the clutch & antenna line assembly.  The shaft is knurled for the nylon part to fit tightly on.

antenna part 2.jpg

Ok, I'll see what I've got

Yes sir, that is the part that is cracked on mine.  The furthest right is also what looks like the same cover for the spool / clutch etc.

(nice antenna farm you have going)

Would you be willing to sell the nylon part separately?

Edited by S30Driver
addition

Its purpose is to drive the spool &  clutch mechanism.  In the pictures, the clutch is removed and it is held on by a nut & washer with a spring providing pressure.   The nylon piece looks like a hex nut the fits into the underside of the black antenna cable spool.   At first I thought it was threaded on to the shaft, but the shaft is knurled and it is just a very tight press fit.

With mine being cracked, it slips when the shaft turns to drive the spool / clutch assembly.

I imagine it could be made from aluminum or brass & held on with a tiny set screw.

15 hours ago, S30Driver said:

Yes sir, that is the part that is cracked on mine.  The furthest right is also what looks like the same cover for the spool / clutch etc.

(nice antenna farm you have going)

Would you be willing to sell the nylon part separately?

I thought I would send you the entire unit to pirate at your leisure