IGNORED

Parts for Sale: 1975 Fuel Injection System with Computer

Mike

1975 Fuel Injection System with Computer

A complete fuel injection system from a 1975 teardown.  The kit includes everything you need including new injectors.  Computer, harness, manifold, air filter box, etc is included.  Asking $400 but I will take offers.

Click "Discussion Topic" to read more about the system...

• Advertiser
    Mike
  • Date
    03/10/2019
  • Price
    $400.00
  • Category

Hey Mike, that looks like a 75-77 system.  The intake manifold is the non-webbed N42 intake (very desirable, for some reason).  Nissan started using the webbed intake with the N47 head, I believe, which was mid-1977, apparently.  And there's the three piece fuel rail which is also pre-1978.  1978 used a one piece.  The ECU and AFM numbers would clear things up.  Also, if the ECU and AFM are factory stock or aftermarket (like MSA)  that would be important.

Looks shiny and in good shape.

I always get mixed up with the webbed and non webbed manifolds. Did the N42 have the EGR. I have seen the N47 non webbed with EGR, so it could still be an N47.

Its definately pre August 1977. The fuel pressure regulator gives it away with two inlet and one outlet. The later version only has one inlet. I can just see the last two pins in the AFM 7-pin connector, which means it has the fuel pump switch.

A photo of the ECU sticker would be nice.

N47-1 Non Webbed.jpg

AFM-01.png

The FSM shows 1975 CA cars with EGR.  California got all the good stuff early!

I had a 1978 parts car with a fuel pump contact switch in side.  Looked all original, a survivor.  The 1978 wiring diagram shows the pins and switch and labels them "useless".

useful diagram showing useless.PNG

I can't find firm documentation but some Googling suggests that it's a 1975 ECU.  The 050 on the AFM looks like 1975 also. It will run the 75-78 systems, just not sure what changes Nissan made along the way.

People like the square port exhaust manifolds also, which 1975 would have.  Is that part of the package?

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/MPE0/ECC1447/01599.oap?year=1975&make=Nissan&model=280Z&vi=1209204&ck=Search_C0396_1209204_-1&pt=C0396&ppt=C0334

http://www.ebay.com/itm/75-76-Datsun-280Z-Engine-Control-Module-ECU-A11-000-050-OEM-/142309814346?hash=item212253704a:g:66IAAOSw5cNYc8qG&vxp=mtr

http://www.zcar.com/forum/10-70-83-tech-discussion-forum/104601-bosch-ecu-replacement.html

The bosch ecu came on the very early 1975 model. I think I have a datsun pdf file somewhere with it listed as being replaceable with the later version.

It's a rare ecu and some people like them because it doesn't seem to suffer the lean running condition the later units can develop.

I have four AFM's. One is a pre August 77 with all the pins, two are from ZX's and one was uit of a 78, I think it was March iirc. I must say, I don't have any proof the 78 was an original AFM, but all the later AFM's I have don't have the last two pins in the connector or the plug on the afm. 

That doesn't mean the factory just kept installing the full afm and simply didn't use the switch function until stocks were depleted. You can test it with a multimeter to be sure. Contacts will close when the vane opens.

Can you check the stamp on the top of the manifold. You should see N42 or N47.

If its an N42, with the double inlet FPR, the really early ECU and the 7-pin AFM. Looks like it's from a very early Cal 280z.

Here is a photo of two AFM's I have.

20170614_065628.jpg

• Like 1

I made this list in 2013. It's the best I could find at the time when I was looking for a replacement ECU.

I have a look on some back-up drive for the PDF file. It was a scan from a Datsun workshop manual. It did mention something about the Bosch unit was in the first 280Z and if needed could be replaced with the A11-000-051.ECU Part Numbers..JPG