IGNORED

Fuel tank paint etc.

z8987

I've been reading about fuel tanks.  Some of the links have been on here since Al Gore invented the net.  Is POR still the thing to use?  Is there a better product?  Or a similar product that is the latest. 

Since I know nothing about 240z, and I've heard about fuel fumes in the cabin, how can I eliminate the possibility of fumes ? 

7 hours ago, z8987 said:

I've been reading about fuel tanks.  Some of the links have been on here since Al Gore invented the net.  Is POR still the thing to use?  Is there a better product?  Or a similar product that is the latest. 

Since I know nothing about 240z, and I've heard about fuel fumes in the cabin, how can I eliminate the possibility of fumes ? 

Probably 100 threads will come up if just google exhaust fumes.

I use Por-15- good stuff 

I used Red Kote on the inside of mine.

I spent a HUGE amount of time reading all kinds of posts about what to use on the outside and have since decided that it probably doesn't make that much of a difference. If I were doing it again, I think I'd just clean up the outside, spray on epoxy primer, and hit it with whatever catalyzed black paint I could find. (For the record, I ended up using this stuff: https://nomorerust.com/store/home/14-mastercoat-super-special-chassis-kit.html)

• Like 1