IGNORED

THE RESTORATION OF CAR #304

Rod's Garage

1 hour ago, Mike B said:

Lonestreesteve, I assume he would have to since he's doing a "ground up restoration as if it just rolled out of the factory".  That can be a pretty daunting task on a 1969 production car with all the unique parts.  I'll be curious to see how this one turns out.

Your right this will be a daunting task as a lot of the original parts are missing the owner is on a constant search for parts may even have to have some made.

29 minutes ago, Rod's Garage said:

Your right this will be a daunting task as a lot of the original parts are missing the owner is on a constant search for parts may even have to have some made.

At least more reproduction parts are available now.  Steve Nixon makes several of them that some of us have provided samples for.  I have four 1969 production cars and three were very complete original cars when I got them, but I wouldn't same any of them are "as if it just rolled out of the factory".

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 1:36 PM, hiyabrad said:

Miguel is doing the body and paint work (the same person who is doing @motorman7 paint and body work). We are doing a complete ground up restoration as if it just rolled out of the factory. 

Yes, saw your car there last week.  Looks like a great project.  Second lowest Z VIN I have seen in person. I think HLS30-000222 is the lowest that I have seen personally.

On 2/9/2019 at 6:45 PM, Mike B said:

At least more reproduction parts are available now.  Steve Nixon makes several of them that some of us have provided samples for.  I have four 1969 production cars and three were very complete original cars when I got them, but I wouldn't same any of them are "as if it just rolled out of the factory".

Mike, Do you have pics of an original ignition coil with factory markings? Thanks.

2 hours ago, hiyabrad said:

Mike, Do you have pics of an original ignition coil with factory markings? Thanks.

This is the only picture I have of an original from a 1969 production car, but the markings on 1970 production cars may be the same.  This is from my HLS30-00210.  All original parts and date codes are part of what makes it hard to replicate a car 100% as it left the factory.

DSCN2686.JPG

@Rod's Garage

A suggestion.

Please turn up the resolution on your camera settings and post the photos as large as possible so that we can see more of the details in the images.

There is a lot in there that can't be seen and appreciated when the photos are  so small.

• Like 2