IGNORED

I've been looking for a project

z8987

35 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

If you can smell that chemically smell of the tank liner wait until you can not. That's when it's cured and ready for fuel.

Thank you. I've got it in my shop by the door with a fan blowing the fumes out the door.  It will have lots of time to cure. 

• Like 1

also make sure the fuel line out and the return line in are not blocked.. that has happened to a more than a couple people.. with Red Coat  or others restricting fuel flow. Lucky for us today - we can stick a camera almost anywhere in the tank.  Tank looks fine for now - if you later decide you are going to do a full first class Refresh or even a Restoration it will easy enough to pull it back out later.

There are about 1/4" thick flat rubber pads that go in these red outlined indents. I think with these pads and the rubber lining on the tank straps the tank is electrically isolated from the rest of the car. I believe that's why the fuel gauge sending unit has a ground wire. When you mount the tank back in the car be sure that you have the wires for the sending unit and fuel pump where you can get them and don't bury them between the tank and body of the car or you'll have to lower the tank again. Ask me how I know this?

Tank.png

Sure wish I'd known that I could've eliminated all those vents! Oh well...

Edited by w3wilkes

On 2/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, w3wilkes said:

There are about 1/4" thick flat rubber pads that go in these red outlined indents. I think with these pads and the rubber lining on the tank straps the tank is electrically isolated from the rest of the car. I believe that's why the fuel gauge sending unit has a ground wire. When you mount the tank back in the car be sure that you have the wires for the sending unit and fuel pump where you can get them and don't bury them between the tank and body of the car or you'll have to lower the tank again. Ask me how I know this?

Tank.png

Sure wish I'd known that I could've eliminated all those vents! Oh well...

What should I use to fasten these bumpers back on ? 

11 hours ago, z8987 said:

Removed. 

download.JPG

I think this is still used for the 1 remaining tank vent and the fuel filler line vent along with the line that goes to the Flow Guide Valve in the engine bay. Is this true @Carl Beck? My Fuel Guide valve still has the line from the vapor tank, is caped on the inlet from the air cleaner and just left open on the line to the crank case with the crank inlet plugged.

Fuel Evap.png

Edited by w3wilkes