IGNORED

I've been looking for a project

z8987

Yes - I thought the Ad was deceptive - that's why I mentioned it. OEM Original Equipment Manufacturer - simply means it was sourced from the OEM, but that doesn't mean the part is the date correct, original part. It is a "replacement part" - even Nissan will send you a newer style, or new and improved replacement for the original Part if the original is no longer available. 

If there actually is no problem caused by swapping the reservoirs - you are golden.  If you have to re-bend the brake lines it is a PIA.. but doable. 

35 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

Yes - that one would have been far less - as it's not OEM and has different looking caps... but still somewhat the same function and  over-all appearance

30 minutes ago, Carl Beck said:

Yes - that one would have been far less - as it's not OEM and has different looking caps... but still somewhat the same function and  over-all appearance

I want original.  I'm learning some things the hard way. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, AZ-240z said:

I’d you need the decal for your booster, I have reproduced the correct decal for both the 1969-70 240z,  and 1971- 73 cars.

Dan

Dan, yes, I'd love to get the decal.  Good work .

7 hours ago, z8987 said:

Dan, yes, I'd love to get the decal.  Good work .

Theses are the two booster decals I have made.  The bottom decal is for 1969-70 cars, and the top one

is for 1971 thru 1973 cars, I believe.  What is your vin # or year?  Do you know which one was on your

car originally?  Theses decals are pretty much flawless in reproduction accuracy.

9DAA0152-CDF6-4503-A312-09F5E9EF2955.jpeg

2704F4DC-E09E-43F5-9ADE-AEF6E0DB5717.jpeg

Edited by AZ-240z
Edit description of pictures
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AZ-240z said:

Theses are the two booster decals I have made.  The bottom decal is for 1969-70 cars, and the top one

is for 1971 thru 1973 cars, I believe.  What is your vin # or year?  Do you know which one was on your

car originally?  Theses decals are pretty much flawless in reproduction accuracy.

9DAA0152-CDF6-4503-A312-09F5E9EF2955.jpeg

2704F4DC-E09E-43F5-9ADE-AEF6E0DB5717.jpeg

The car has been registered as a 71 and a 70.  It's currently registered as a 70.  The vin is hls30-08987.  The titles I have show that years ago it was titled as a 71.  I was thinking the guy that owned it before me wanted it to be a 70 so he did something to change the title.  I don't know if there is a definitive way to know what year it it? if there is i'd like to know so I can keep things as original as possible. 

There should be a manufacturer data tag on the drivers side door jamb.  It has the month and year 

of manufacture stamped into this tag.  From a quick look at Carl Beck,s Z Home web site which lists

owner registration information, hls30-8987 was probably manufactured on 9/70 making it a 1971 car.

July is usually believed to be the changeover date from year to year.

1 minute ago, AZ-240z said:

There should be a manufacturer data tag on the drivers side door jamb.  It has the month and year 

of manufacture stamped into this tag.  From a quick look at Carl Beck,s Z Home web site which lists

owner registration information, hls30-8987 was probably manufactured on 9/70 making it a 1971 car.

July is usually believed to be the changeover date from year to year.

How much are your decals?  The data tag is missing!