IGNORED

AZ auction action

NVZEE

5 minutes ago, NVZEE said:

$44,000 and it's a 2+2 with automatic.  But barely driven and all original.  What would a person do with it though?

Why do people keep saying "Fairlady"?  Doesn't really add anything, except a vague memory reference to a popular movie.

"This 1976 Datsun "Fairlady" 280Z 2+2 hatchback has 1,358 original miles (mileage not indicated on the registration). It is powered by the original 2.8-liter SHOC inline 6-cyllinder engine with Bosch Jetronic fuel injection, mated to a 3-speed automatic transmission, and is equipped with front disc brakes. It also has factory air conditioning. Still finished in its original Bronze Poly Metallic, it features its original tires, books, manuals, and even the original title and sales brochure. The original tools and jack are still in their original wrappers, inside the trunk. It has a 3-ring binder containing original documents along with ownership history and maintenance records."

I had to look at that link - I was sitting in the auction hall when the '76 2+2 was on the block.  I also had a chance to see it on the paddock before it went in.  The engine bay that I saw today looked nothing like the pictures on the site - it was, well, less cared for...  The car ran quite poorly - just as I've seen with other stock early EFI Z's that haven't been gone through.  The interior was complete and quite nice, as was the paint.  The final bid was $40,000.  

We also saw the Orange 1973 on the block just a few cars before the 2+2 and were quite amazed at the $37,000 final bid...  It was a nice example of a '73 with original engine (with SU's).  The interior and exterior looked much better than the engine bay. The hatch glass had vertical defogger lines.  Radio was not original IIRC.  An Auto Transmission car like the 2+2...  Personally I was surprised by the two Z's I saw at auction today.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Why do people keep saying "Fairlady"?  Doesn't really add anything, except a vague memory reference to a popular movie.

File it in the same place as people saying/writing "240Z" when they should be using 'S30-series Z'.