IGNORED

BLZ74

BLZ71

I thinking of adding a Vintage air kit to my car, would this eliminate the need for the factory heater stuff under the dash ?

I was involved in two of these installation on early240z,s. In both cased we removed all of the original heater pieces and worked hard to adapt the vintage air to the original vents. It required custom mount fabricating. Custom compressor mounts and hoses. We never came up with a solution to the the control panel that I liked. Hopefully someone here had better experience. The labor cost alone was over $2500.

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

Yes it completely replaces all existing HVAC components.

I've done four installs now, and the average time is around 50 hours. Everything has to be custom mounted, run, wired, fabricated, created, massaged etc. Takes time. My time is free but if you're having it done, not so much.  

59 minutes ago, psdenno said:

Not interested in the MSA air conditioning kit?  Fairly easy installation, little or no fabrication, works well, cost effective.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/classic09b06

Dennis

I am also looking into AC for my early Z.  It would be nice if MSA would join the modern world and include some pictures of what they are selling.  I would want to see the controls especially.  Buying a pig in a poke otherwise.

1 hour ago, psdenno said:

Not interested in the MSA air conditioning kit?  Fairly easy installation, little or no fabrication, works well, cost effective.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/classic09b06

Dennis

I will definitely check it out, this is all new to me, I live in eastern Washington were the summer are in the 80 & 90's air will be nice

38 minutes ago, jwtaylor said:

I am also looking into AC for my early Z.  It would be nice if MSA would join the modern world and include some pictures of what they are selling.  I would want to see the controls especially.  Buying a pig in a poke otherwise.

do you use the same stock heater & blower with there air kit

I will definitely check it out, this is all new to me, I live in eastern Washington were the summer are in the 80 & 90's air will be nice

Where in Eastern WA. I’m in Seattle area

72 body and block, everything else 71, Tokico springs, Illumina, R180 CLSD, 83 close ratio, 3.90 gears, Ztherapy SUs, BRE 15X7 Libre wheels and BRE front spoiler.

On 11/25/2018 at 11:12 AM, BLZ71 said:

I'm in the SoCal desert where summer temps run 110º to 122º most days and the MSA kit works fine.

Dennis

I moved yo East Wenatchee from Edmonds about 3 years ago, I go back to Edmonds for work just about every week.

Hey giving you a shout out. My wife and I grew up in Quincy and I have a brother in E Wenatchee. I work and lived in Wenatchee in 1975 for little over a year before the company transferred me back to Spokane and eventually over here.
Anything I can help with let me know
Don Pappe
Woodinville