IGNORED

Parking Light Uprgade Harness 15 Amp fuse blowing / Dashboard and Tail lights gone

jalexquijano

Last night the dashboard instrument lights, parking lights and tail lights on my 72 240z shut down when i turned  the combo switch on. I noticed that the 15 amp fuse inside the fuse holder provided by Dave Irwin Parking light harness kit went south. Replaced it with  another 15 amp and even a 20 amp fuse dashboard lights, tail lights and parking lights came in for 2 seconds and the fuse went out again. I believe the problem resides in the harness upgrade. Last time this happened i removed it from the circuit and connected the stock female and male 6 wire connectors together and all the lights came back. Could there be an issue with the relays provided in the kit? Should i just check the parking light bulbs first and clean for any corrosión before removing the steering colummn cover and making the straight stock connection again? large124652.jpg

5 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

Last night the dashboard instrument lights, parking lights and tail lights on my 72 240z shut down when i turned  the combo switch on.

I believe the problem resides in the harness upgrade. Last time this happened i removed it from the circuit and connected the stock female and male 6 wire connectors together and all the lights came back.

Are you sure that you connected it properly?  Didn't nick any wires?

Don't put larger fuses in to fix a short circuit problem.  Find the short and fix it instead.

https://www.datsun-240z-upgrades.net/product-info/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

Replaced it with  another 15 amp and even a 20 amp fuse dashboard lights

Never, ever do this. Unless you want to burn you car to the ground!!!

52 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

Are you sure that you connected it properly?  Didn't nick any wires?

Don't put larger fuses in to fix a short circuit problem.  Find the short and fix it instead.

https://www.datsun-240z-upgrades.net/product-info/

Find and fix the problem. I could be in the harness, relays. You just have to be systematic

• Like 1