1977 280Z intake exhaust gasket - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1977 280Z intake exhaust gasket

Featured Replies

I've been looking for a good gasket to use with MSA header (round exhaust port). Not so sure about the MSA gasket that was included. After searching  I came across this https://www.ebay.com/p/Engine-Block-Cover-Gasket-ITM-09-50527-fits-76-78-Nissan-280Z-2-8L-L6/74968871?iid=302786175086

and was wondering if anyone has used one. I like the metal around the exhaust port. I know a lot of people recommend Datsun OEM but it does not have the round exhaust port. Appreciate the input.

MSA does a fair job of matching their parts.  Not sure why you'd want to second-guess them.  Is their a part number on their gasket?

If the metal ring lands in the gap between the exhaust liner and the head then it won't do much.  You do have an N47 head right?  The specs on the page you posted say 75-78 which covers square port and round.  Something seems off.

  • Author

I've read on this and other forums that MSA's gasket seems to fail more often so I was looking for an OEM with round exhaust ports but everything I found had square ports.  I have a 77 with a P-79 head. I'll check and see if there is a part # on the MSA gasket.

 

I've used the one from MSA 3 times on 3 different Z's and have had good luck with them. Maybe I got lucky?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Zed Head - That's the one I've been looking for. Thank you

Looks like it might be.  The N3500 number doesn't show up on any of the 240Z - 280Z diagrams.  Maybe its the ZX gasket.

The one you show Cliff is one I bought for my current 77 280 a few years ago. When I thought I was going to pull my head which I still have not done. 

I mean intake :facepalm:

Edited by rcb280z
I meant intake, not head

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.