IGNORED

E brake light dim on speedometer

jalexquijano

On 10/22/2018 at 5:26 PM, Patcon said:

To clean the switch it really has to be off the car. That means all the brakes would needed bleeding after that. You would also have to protect the paint on the frame rails. The brake fluid will remove it fairly quickly. You really can't clean it by just removing the sensor post.

Should i first attempt on bleeding the brakes and then see if the light goes off?

6 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

Should i first attempt on bleeding the brakes and then see if the light goes off?

If the sensor is grounded I don't think bleeding would help, but you could try it if you want too. Bleeding your brakes in a high humidity environment like Panama is not a bad idea.

It can be difficult to get it disassembled if it's badly corroded. The bolts on the end can be really tight and you need to take care not to damage the aluminum housing. I did not have new seals. I think I came up with some seals to reseal it. It would be in my build thread. Some brake safe grease would be nice too on reassembly. I cleaned everything and obviously replated it all. Be sure you put the correct end in the correct place. You should also test the sensor plug for continuity and isolation.

17 hours ago, Patcon said:

It can be difficult to get it disassembled if it's badly corroded. The bolts on the end can be really tight and you need to take care not to damage the aluminum housing. I did not have new seals. I think I came up with some seals to reseal it. It would be in my build thread. Some brake safe grease would be nice too on reassembly. I cleaned everything and obviously replated it all. Be sure you put the correct end in the correct place. You should also test the sensor plug for continuity and isolation.

Anyway of buying this part period?

• 2 months later...