IGNORED

240z 1972 Owners Manual

niushork

20 hours ago, Mike said:

I finally got around to scanning the 1971 Owners Manual.  I have another green one that looks very similar.  

This is amazing thanks.

I'm pretty sure that it is as close to the 1972 owners manual I guess the only difference is the fuel filler lid on page 24 that on yours is with a key lock and on mine is not.

The green one you mentioned must be the one on top of this picture and the one below is the 72 owners manual.

IMG_0269.jpg

53 minutes ago, niushork said:

This is amazing thanks.

I'm pretty sure that it is as close to the 1972 owners manual I guess the only difference is the fuel filler lid on page 24 that on yours is with a key lock and on mine is not.

The green one you mentioned must be the one on top of this picture and the one below is the 72 owners manual.

Yeah I've been going through and populating all of the manuals I can find.  However, it seems the 1972 is missing.  If anyone has one, you can send to me and I'll scan and add it to the system.  Send me a PM if you have one and I'll send you my address.

Here's what I have found so far:

https://www.classiczcars.com/files/category/17-owner-manuals/

Do the Swiss still have the law that the turn signals have to be above the bumper?  We had a Swiss 240Z in the shop that had blank valance pieces right and left (no holes for what we consider stock front turn/park light lenses) and had turn/park lights mounted on top of the chrome bumper.  Looked kinda like fog lamps but smaller...

1 hour ago, cgsheen1 said:

Do the Swiss still have the law that the turn signals have to be above the bumper?  We had a Swiss 240Z in the shop that had blank valance pieces right and left (no holes for what we consider stock front turn/park light lenses) and had turn/park lights mounted on top of the chrome bumper.  Looked kinda like fog lamps but smaller...

I do not know, will find out soon when I have to go through that stupid bureaucracy drill. There is some sort of consensus that side lamps need to be WHITE and in the US are ORANGE. What difference does it make in the 21st Century ? None if you ask me but they seem very a**l retentive about it. Same with the speedometer that needs to be in Kilometers. I asked the guy what difference will make if I go above the limit of speed with a KMH speedometer or a Miles speedometer, would the fine be different ? The very well paid state employee could not answer. Useless.

So speaking of anal retentive, let me point out that the 1970, 1971 and 1972 owners manuals were reprinted in 1997 for the Vintage Z program.  The printing date for all the manuals is on the rear cover.  If it says 1997, it's a reprint and there is no difference from the original printing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, niushork said:

I do not know, will find out soon when I have to go through that stupid bureaucracy drill. There is some sort of consensus that side lamps need to be WHITE and in the US are ORANGE. What difference does it make in the 21st Century ? None if you ask me but they seem very a**l retentive about it. Same with the speedometer that needs to be in Kilometers. I asked the guy what difference will make if I go above the limit of speed with a KMH speedometer or a Miles speedometer, would the fine be different ? The very well paid state employee could not answer. Useless.

The 240Z we had here was fitted with Euro gauges - KPH, Liters, and etc...  New owner thought they were cool and left them in the car.  The car also had to have a rear license plate light that was under the plate.  It had a lamp mounted on top of the rear bumper.  It had to come from the factory like that as the holes and the wiring weren't done after the fact.  It didn't have the usual plastic light holder under the hatch.  It was kind of an interesting story of a US serviceman who bought the Z over there and brought it back to the US back in the day.

23 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

So speaking of anal retentive, let me point out that the 1970, 1971 and 1972 owners manuals were reprinted in 1997 for the Vintage Z program.  The printing date for all the manuals is on the rear cover.  If it says 1997, it's a reprint and there is no difference from the original printing.

Thanks for that information, did not have it.