IGNORED

new lock set

thephoenixphoto

hi all

i want to go one key for my car which is 2 keys at the moment.

i also need to change my ignition switch.

i am looking for complete set but can't find it except at a crazy price on ebay.

do you have any adress ?

do you know if some other datsun or nissan cars lock set could match ?

thanks

From the OP post I don't know what year car we're talking about, but...

My '71 is also a two key affair. The ignition key is toothed on both edges, but the door / hatch key is only toothed on one edge. the cut lines down the key sides appear to be very different. I can't see how the locks could be made to work with a single key for the whole car by a locksmith. My '73 was keyed to a single key of the type with the teeth on both edges. Not sure when Datsun changed to the single key for the whole car, but it was sometime between 12/70 when my '71 was built and sometime in the first half of '73.

8 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

Not sure when Datsun changed to the single key for the whole car, but it was sometime between 12/70 when my '71 was built and sometime in the first half of '73.

My 4/71 build has the double edge cut key that works on all locks as well as the ignition.  One key does it all.

Dennis

Edited by psdenno
  • Like 1