IGNORED

Monterey Historic Races August 2018

v12horse

I wanted to find out how many of you are going to be attending the Monterey Historics this weekend.  I am going to be there on Saturday and Sunday and I would love to meet some fellow Z enthusiasts from the forum.  I am bringing my Z and with Nissan as the Marque they are celebrating it's going to be heaven.  

Ben

• Like 1

I am excited to see the BRE cars among others.  John Morton is a super nice guy the few times I have talked to him.  A celebrity of the Datsun world among me, a mortal.  That Hino transporter is really cool!  I saw it years ago when it was at Les Cannaday's shop in need of a restoration.  Now it is where it should be.  If I am not mistaken it has a Cadillac V8.  

I am counting down the days before I go to Monterey this weekend.  The entire Monterey Car Week is a time I look forward to every year.  The Historics are my favorite as the cars are in their element.  The crews are humming along in the pits and the cars on the track just sing.  I would love to partake in the racing one day.  A vintage car of any sort would be awesome but a Nissan of the Z sort would be ideal.  I imagine roaring off into the sunset, cresting a hill and descending the legendary corkscrew.  Beneath my helmet would be a permanent smile.  Cheers.

Ben  

• Like 1

The car is clean, waxed, tires shined. I’ll be leaving before sun up. No radio just me, a car and a tunnel of headlights.  My favorite time to drive. It’s so peaceful, but not lonesome. Self reflective.  Looking within.  With young kids these drives are nearly nonexistent.  I have everything set out. A camera, phone charger, selvedge jeans, my New Balance driving shoes, a journal, an actual Safari Rally silk jacket (from 1982?), some pens(filled with ink of course), my corral pass, and the list goes on.  The car is a ritual.

Yours Truly,

Ben

• Like 3