IGNORED

Performance Balancer with AC Pulley

Hardway

I am looking at replacing my stock harmonic balancer with a performance unit since the rubber ring in my original is cracking and crumbling.  However, the Euro style balancer that MSA and ZCar Depot sells indicates it does not accept stock pulleys.  The Professional Products balancer 428-90055 says it is similar to the original Euro balancer.  At some I would like to add air conditioning to my 240z and want to make sure I invest in the right balancer.  Is anyone running a performance balancer and AC in their Z car?  If so, can you provide any details that you have? Thank you!

22 minutes ago, zKars said:

I would just fix your current damper.

damperdoctor.com

That is not a bad option.  I spoke to them a minute ago and they said it would be $199 plus tax and shipping for probably around $230 - $240 all said and done.

Thank you for the offer 7tooZ.  That is very generous of you.  I am just going to send my balancer off and get it rebuilt.  Since I eventually want to add AC that seems like the best way to go.  I will update this post on the company I choose and my result with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Good news!  Got my balancer back from Dale and it looks a lot better now.  I will re-paint it blue once the engine comes back but wanted to share a picture.  Dale was great to work with and the total turn around was 8 days with shipping to and from.  If anyone is looking to get their stock balancer rebuilt, give Dale a call.

Balancer01.jpg

Balancer02.jpg

Edited by Hardway
  • Like 3