Headlight Connector - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Headlight Connector

Featured Replies

Need a source for a replacement headlight connector.  I broke one while disassembling the headlight.

Headlight connector.jpg

Just to make sure, you're looking for the female connector, correct?

I probably have what he needs. I'm just trying to establish gender. ;)

 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Yes female.  It is one of the 3 connectors on the black plug that the headlight plugs in to.

I suggest just getting a new headlight connector pig tail and splicing it on.

I see billions when I google headlight connector H4.  Every generic auto parts store, ebay and amazon has them by the boat load.

Just one example

http://www.repairconnector.com/categories/HEADLAMP-CONNECTORS/

 

I believe this connector style 

bDsTp.jpg

Actually has the stock style FM connector pins.  I have a few of those somewhere.

Search for either H4 or 9003 style connectors

Edited by zKars

  • Author

Steve: did you happen to find a connector for my 1972 240Z?

I bought a bunch of headlight connectors & shells a year or two ago. 

Headlight Connectors.jpg

  • Author

These look different than the original ones.  Will they work in my original black connector as shown in the attached picture.  Any chance you have any of the original type?

connector & shell.jpg

No, I don't have those.

Try Vintage Connections (west coast) and Eastern Beaver (east coast, IIRC).  They'll be your best bets (esp. Eastern Beaver, who sources from Japan).  Otherwise:

If you need to be original-equipment:  There are dozens, if not hundreds, of rusted out Z hulks that are waiting to be your parts donor.

If you don't need to be OE:  Either Motorsports Auto or Z-Car Depot (maybe both) has a headlight connector kit available and is waiting to receive your order.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.