IGNORED

We're bringin' back the Flat Tops!

motorman7

On 12/17/2018 at 5:05 AM, RIP260Z said:

Sorry if I mis-lead regards throttle bushing not been there, its been a while since I looked.... keep up the good work.

No problem at all.  It really helps to have a second set of eyes looking things over.  With so many parts and all, it is easy to miss things.

And yes, definitely a few more smog items on the US '73 and 74 Z's.  Would be nice if there was a place to pick up some of these smog items  new/NOS.  

• Like 1

@motorman7

My experience has been that NOS emissions parts for the 73/74Z are among the most difficult to find.

You've probably thought of this, but, the Aussie's had the 260z for several more years (till 78??) than us in the U.S. and many of the parts are the same.

I was thrilled to find a NOS EGR assembly from there for my 73 Zilver. Actually, as I got further into the restoration, parts came from all around the world (Kuwait, Turkey, Greece)

@Patcon } :geek:

You "might could did up" a contact to @Gav240z and enlist his help in finding a few of the items you need.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zup said:

You "might could did up" a contact to @Gav240z and enlist his help in finding a few of the items you need.

Warren from All Z Parts in Sydney / Hornsby would be the person to ask. He bought up a lot of Nissan's Old Stock years ago when it was going for a song and paid peanuts. He's been stuck with it and low balling S30Z tight arses ever since. It's made him somewhat cranky. Last time I called he told me off. It was Grand Final day (I'm not a football fan).

He can be slow and difficult to get things through, but I generally have had success buying hard to find items through him.

He does list on eBay from time to time.

21 hours ago, motorman7 said:

No problem at all.  It really helps to have a second set of eyes looking things over.  With so many parts and all, it is easy to miss things.

And yes, definitely a few more smog items on the US '73 and 74 Z's.  Would be nice if there was a place to pick up some of these smog items  new/NOS.  

Reading an old archived email conversing with someone else about bushes and flat-tops (and chroming the shaft, to build up the wear, then machine to fit), it seems that all the HMB46''s didn't get bushes, yours obviously did, maybe I am not mad and mine don't....

Cleaned up the carb bodies today with Lacquer Thinner (my favorite solvent) and fine dremel wire wheel brushes. I didn't want to scratch anything.   Before and after pics (front and back actually) shown below.  I put the plungers back in the carb bodies after the pics to help protect the needle.

Got all the platable carb parts prepped to plate along with some of the remaining items that need to be plated.  Will mail those out to Sav-on plating here shortly.  This is about as far as I can go on the carbs until I get the plated parts back.  I think I will get started on the differential and half shafts tomorrow.  

DSCF7340.JPG

DSCF7342.JPG

DSCF7343.JPG

DSCF7351.JPG

DSCF7346.JPG

DSCF7348.JPG

DSCF7349.JPG

DSCF7354.JPG

Edited by motorman7
  • Like 3

• Mike featured this topic