IGNORED

What is best way to remove seat brackets for reuse?

I'm doing this right now. The rear wasn't so bad but I did end up using a recip saw along the edges and once out, removing the spots from the underside. The front was harder since access to the welds was limited. I ended up cutting the whole thing out and again removing the spots from under. BTW I have this cutter and while not perfect saves a lot of time.

http://shop.blairequipment.com/Premium-Spotweld-Cutter-Kit-p/11082.htm

Edited by SurferD
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Thanks Chuck!  Looks like blue will be down and out for much longer. 

Glad I could help! LOL. You can do it from inside the car but it's a pain. And I always find a way to get metal shavings in my eyes when I do that. I recently replaced the trunk floor in my AAR. I bought good goggles and hearing protection so I could grind all those welds inside the trunk safely. Good luck!

Chuck

27 minutes ago, cbuczesk said:

Glad I could help! LOL. You can do it from inside the car but it's a pain. And I always find a way to get metal shavings in my eyes when I do that. I recently replaced the trunk floor in my AAR. I bought good goggles and hearing protection so I could grind all those welds inside the trunk safely. Good luck!

Chuck

Is that AAR Cuda?

It always amazes me how PPE is overlooked by us regular guys and the ones on the fake resto shows on TV. They're grinding away without any earplugs or glasses most of the time. I always make sure I have hearing and eye protection and usually wear gloves of some kind. Also a respirator/dust mask if needed. Thanks for bringing that up.

• Like 2

Yes. That's an AAR 'cuda. Vitamin C orange, numbers matching, 4-speed, bucket seats...

I always wear gloves. I'll wear a mask in tight spaces where there isn't good ventilation. I wear "headphones" that cover my ears and keep the harsh sounds out. Safety glasses and shields always allow debris to bounce around and end up in an eye. I've had good luck with the goggles so far. I once had a piece of metal get stuck in my eye that the Dr. had to remove. And then he ground my eyeball with a little die grinder. Fun times...

Chuck

• Sad 1