IGNORED

Cowl Hood Weatherstripping

nbenning

Hello,

I purchased a complete weatherstripping rubber seal kit from zcardepot.com.  By process of elimination, I believe I've located the Cowl Hood Weatherstrip per the attached pictures.  The p/n's on the individual kit pieces don't match zcardepot.com's website p/n's so it hasn't been a very straight forward task ... anyway, my question is, should the seal be positioned in the forward position (fig 3) or aft position (fig 1)?  The original seal doesn't have the upper flat rather it was just a "u" shape that was fitted snug to the metal upright angle (fig 2) 

fig 3.jpg

fig 1.jpg

fig 2.jpg

Edited by nbenning
revise fig notation

Hmm ... I agree it doesn’t resemble what was there before, but there wasn’t anything else close in the kit having the shape. I’ll reach out to Zcardepot.com. Anyone have any pics of their seal in this area?

It looks correct to me...or at least close. It's the first pic. It might have to cut off a few inches since it's usually too long. Clean it well so the glue will hold. I use paint sticks and clamps to hold it on place while it dries.

Chuck

Thanks for the feedback everyone.  Yes, the seal is about 4-5 inches too long, so it will be trimmed.  I've reached out to zcardepot.com for some clarification and I'll report back when I hear something.

Thanks!

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies ... reached out to zcardepot.com this last week and it is indeed the seal for the hood/cowl.  The first pic is the recommended direction.  I'll need to trim a couple inches and use some adhesive with a couple clamps as it sets as recommended previously.  Cheers!