Brake light (switch?) question - Page 3 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Brake light (switch?) question

Featured Replies

Late to the fight but for future readers, this may help:

 

240z brake light Circuit.gif

In doing the cleanup on the Headlight and Turn Signal switch, I found a missing spring loaded nub pictured on a previous post and a broken piece as noted from a contributors post.  Removed the rocker plates and existing spring/nub knowing I wouldn't have Headlights or Parking lights until I can procure a replacement. Current situation:

  • LH & RH Brake lights are now functional (Original issue!)
  • Reverse Lights Functional 
  • Hazard Lights Functional
  • RH Turn Signal Functional
  • LH Turn Signal NOT functional ... Arghhh!

More diagnostics time!

Quick question ... on the Tail Light sockets that use the dual filament bulb (have two connect points at the base), should these sockets have 3 wire leads going in to them?  On my LH Tail Light, the upper far left socket has 3 wires, whereas the upper adjacent socket only has two wires (yet it's a dual filament bulb) ... This has me puzzled ... Thanks!

Likely only 1 filament of that bulb will light up. I've seen it many times and on a few different brands of cars. If it works, leave it alone.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Thanks for the tip!  Finding one of those micro springs will be a challenge .... Lol ... Picked up a used Headlight Assy this last week at a reasonable price.  Going to install and I'll report back the results in the next day or two.

  • 7 months later...
  • Author
On 6/23/2018 at 6:20 PM, nbenning said:

Thanks for the tip!  Finding one of those micro springs will be a challenge .... Lol ... Picked up a used Headlight Assy this last week at a reasonable price.  Going to install and I'll report back the results in the next day or two.

So did you ever have to try to find the little "nubs" or "bullets"? I'd be interested if you found them out there. Seems like the kind of thing somebody could 3-D print, too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.