IGNORED

Sealant, Grease, Antiseize thread

• 3 weeks later...

Clevite Assembly Lube:

1. Rocker Pivot Tops
  2. Rocker Arms (both contact surfaces and socket)
  3. Valve Tip
  4. Lash Pad (top, sides, and bottom)
  5. Cam Lobes
  6. Cam Rotating contact surfaces
  7. Cam Tower Surfaces
  8. Main Bearings (inside, and sides of thrust)
  9. Crank Rotating contact surfaces (main and rod)
  10. Rod Bearings (inside)
  • Like 1

Spend a little more for a good kit than those cheap ones on ebay. My 280 has a $60 one from ebay and I got one from a Z specific online for $100. The quality difference of the parts was daylight and dark. It was a True Line? or something like that. The ebay was Chinese and the other American made. Cheap one had rough edges on the tensioner body and all black links on the chain. You could compare them on amazon and look for the higher rating. Good luck in your search.

• Like 1

Good stuff.  I'm probably going with the ITM timing set on Rock Auto for &50.  looks like U.S./Japan and European sources.  I'm taking notes on this thread as its pertinent to my situation.  Well in the next few months at least.  I was curious as to what lube would be recommended for the timing set once installed.  If anything other than oil.    

• Like 1