Bracket for 1972 Electric Fuel Pump Upgrade - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Bracket for 1972 Electric Fuel Pump Upgrade

Featured Replies

  • Author
1 hour ago, Lumens said:

My 72 came with that bracket and the wiring installed. I just figured all the 72's here came that way.

I know that the car was pre-wired for the fuel pump, but I was not aware that the bracket was part of the preparation package. I will have to have someone else weigh in on this one. I am also wondering if I can run both my mechanical and an electric fuel pump. I know you could blank out the mechanical, but I want the original pump to stay in the system for appearance. 

fyi....The picture that I posted above shows a bracket I pulled from a 1974 260...(that I installed on my 71 240).

  • Author

Picked up the used bracket and a NOS fuel pump. Another project!ROFL

7 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

I know that the car was pre-wired for the fuel pump, but I was not aware that the bracket was part of the preparation package. I will have to have someone else weigh in on this one. I am also wondering if I can run both my mechanical and an electric fuel pump. I know you could blank out the mechanical, but I want the original pump to stay in the system for appearance. 

 You can run both pumps. By 74 (maybe earlier) Nissan used both pumps to try to resolve a fuel percolation, vapor lock, problem with limited success.

  • Author
1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

 You can run both pumps. By 74 (maybe earlier) Nissan used both pumps to try to resolve a fuel percolation, vapor lock, problem with limited success.

Mark, thanks. 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
On 2/21/2018 at 8:35 AM, siteunseen said:

Mr Purcell I don't know if you've seen this before but it's a pretty good write up, just an FYI. :)

http://jarvas240z.blogspot.com/2013/01/electric-fuel-pump-installation.html

THANX SITE.

As the reassembly of mine transitions write-ups like this will help us all avoid MAIN HARNESS BBQ's!

  • Author
On 2/20/2018 at 9:12 AM, Mike W said:

There are actually a couple of these for sale on eBay.  One with the same part number that HS30-H mentions in his post:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-fuel-pump-mount-mounting-bracket-17033-E4200-USED/382363930288?hash=item5906aa8eb0:g:zwQAAOSwkLhaG5cd&vxp=mtr

And another that is identical to the one on my late manufacture 260Z:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/77-78-Datsun-280Z-fuel-pump-bracket-OEM-used-painted-clean/382374963056?hash=item590752e770:g:RAEAAOSwHNxaTa88&vxp=mtr

Ironically both from the same seller.

Looks like Nissan changed the design of this over the years.

Mike.

Received the bracket today. Bent, no rust, easily straightened,  but the first thing I did was drop it off at a custom rubber stamp vendor to have a stamp made to replicate the part number on the bottom of the bracket. Once that is complete I will straighten, sand blast, powder coat, and stamp the part number back on it. It will then be ready for the NOS pump. Will post more once project moves along.

part number.jpg

Edited by JLPurcell

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.