240z rear wheel cylinder clips - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240z rear wheel cylinder clips

Featured Replies

Hello to all. I just picked up a 1973 240z out of a buddy's garage. His wife bought it new and it has sat for the last 10 years in the back of their garage. I am replacing the rear brake cylinders and cannot remember the way the locking plates go back. There is a flat one with holes and a curved one with bumps. Does the curved one go in from the back of the car first with the bumps up...and then the heavy flat one goes in from the front on top of the thin one, so the holes lock into the bumps...? Any help is appreciated...Riley

  • Author

The car is now mine. It is from Chicago and has rust in places. It had an extensive body makeover in 1980...just 7 years after being purchased...! Fenders, doors, rockers, quarters were all replaced. The car has 104,000 miles and runs well for having sat for a decade. I am a British car guy (Triumphs), so the carbs are no problem for me to deal with...waiting on a fuel pump at the moment. The one thing about the car I don't care for is...no A/C...!

I couldn't get to the factory manual diagram you sent...will try again.

Thanks, Riley

Fish fry or fishing lessons...  He's gonna need to fish eventually.

Good luck.  Post some pictures.  

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks, Zed...I think I got one side ready to slide the drum back on...! The pics will show a car in need of lots of TLC, but I will get some posted. I appreciate your help...Riley

Site provided the picture.  I just made a joke.

Make sure that the cylinder actually slides back and forth after installation.  That's what it's supposed to do.  It's self-centering.

17 hours ago, Tirnipgreen said:

so the holes lock into the bumps...?

No.. the bumps lock into the holes... as Always... :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.