IGNORED

Spark Plug, Compression, Gearing, and Power Feedback

Hardway

1 hour ago, rcb280z said:

Maybe some pics as you perform surgery? I know its no Datsun but I like pics of engine compartments and engine surgery :)

Good luck with it!

Absolutely!  I plan to document everything with pictures as it is a "flip" car for me.  However, to be honest, I love seeing it in my shop every time I walk out to it.

7 hours ago, rcb280z said:

It is a good looking car. The length of the "nose" looks as if there's enough room for V-12.

Thank you!  The V8 in it has a large footprint so its hard to tell if a V12 similar to what was found in a S600 would fit.  Given the complexities of a V12 I want no part of one.  The M117 series V8 that is in my 560SEC is complicated only by its mechanical fuel injection system.  Everything else is pretty straight forward and the more I learn, the more respect I have for the car and the engineering that went in to it.  Parts are not outrageous as one would think and most jobs can be accomplished with a well stocked tool box.  Plus, these cars have a massive following and tons of support from vendors and the community of owners.