IGNORED

Found a 240z in junkyard, what to grab off?

66corvair

I had a friend tip me off that he found a 240z in the junkyard with bumpers still on it. He saw 240z badges so I know it's the skinny bumpers.

I plan to grab the bumpers, maybe the blinkers and tail light panels and the steering wheel. What else should I get? I have a 280z, wondering if I should get the hood or any other parts, I don't need much for my car as it's pretty complete.

1 minute ago, 66corvair said:

The engine bay inspection light is worth money? Is a 280z version worth money? I still have mine and i don't plan to be using it

They are desirable,  many people refurb them (especially in Texas LOL) with new plating and a lens.  Hard to find in excellent condition.  New are NLA.

All years are very similar, except for the switch material.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, 66corvair said:

Are the carbs on the 240z reasonably valuable, hoping that they're still on there (they probably aren't)

$200 to $300, get the two intakes too.  From the cylinder head to the air filter if it were my chance. If it's got an E31 cylinder head those are rare.  Even the E88s are.

Ztherapy.com charges $200 for core SUs.  

http://www.ztherapy.com/products/masterprices/master_price_list.htm  ZT101 on the price list.  Somebody would pay that just to turn them in on new remans.

If you're thinking of doing some refurb and sale work, there's little on a 240Z that that won't have interest - in other words take everything you can lay your hands on.  Work the car very hard!  Here's a few examples of small stuff (be sure and get ALL the fasteners).

Note - the rubber steering coupler is NLA, an uncracked one has re-sale value.

Keep everything carefully zip bagged and tagged separately, don't throw it into a box and expect to remember what goes with what.

Hatch Set.jpg

Light01.jpg

Washer Nozzles.jpg

Coupler Set.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Some guys have all the LUCK! RATS! I found this one in St.Cloud Florida and the guy said the only way he could sell me the entire car was only if he cut it in half. I was able to salvage the main harness and a few interior pieces. It was involved in a drug bust and they were not allowed to re-title the car. The harness was the only thing that has allowed me to put mine back together. 

IMG_20110701_140419.jpg

• Like 1