IGNORED

[SOLD] Triple Weber's, 5-speed, and more

torynich

I accept crypto currency.

I'm always open to trades.

More pics upon request.

Brand New 40dcoe 151's with black texture powder coated cannon intake, Datsun Spirit heat shield powder coated black texture and Datsun Spirit fuel delivery pipe gold anodized. "How to build and power tune Weber and Dellorto" book. $1700 shipped conus.

One black texture powder coated valve cover, one black texture powder coated oil pan, and one red wrinkle powder coated valve cover. $50 each shipped conus

Early 280 5-speed. $150 shipped conus. I bought this transmission a couple of years ago from a member of HybridZ as a recent overhaul. It sat for a couple of years in my garage before I got a chance to install it. After installation everything worked fine, shifted smooth, except 5th gear. It will go in to fifth gear just fine without the engine running, but won't go in to fifth while driving. I removed the transmission and disassembled it to inspect for damage but did not find anything obvious without further disassembly. I didn't want to disassemble it further so I decided to upgrade to an SX 5-speed. I used this front case for my new 5-speed so this one will come with a 4-speed front case that will need to be machined to accept the reverse light switch in the correct location. I will throw in an early 4-speed input shaft assembly also so you can make a frankentranny if so desired (I was planning on doing this to go with my 3.36 rear gears instead of swapping out the rear end).

IMG_20171231_164619925.jpg

IMG_20171231_164830582_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171231_165156028.jpg

IMG_20171231_165002160.jpg

IMG_20171231_165223699.jpg

IMG_20171231_165323345.jpg

IMG_20171231_165255722.jpg

IMG_20171231_165435271.jpg

IMG_20171231_170228566.jpg

IMG_20171231_170158338.jpg

IMG_20171126_141112588_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

Apparently sometimes the early shifters will make contact with the later transmissions typically for first third and fifth. Looks like mine was only affecting the shift to fifth so there was no need to disassemble the tranny :unsure:. The transmission is no longer for sale for $150.

Don't forget...free shipping in the continental US on everything else.

Apparently sometimes the early shifters will make contact with the later transmissions typically for first third and fifth. Looks like mine was only affecting the shift to fifth so there was no need to disassemble the tranny default_unsure.png. The transmission is no longer for sale for $150.
Don't forget...free shipping in the continental US on everything else.
Is the red valve cover still available? Are the letters gold or is that an optical illusion in the pictures?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I glass beaded and alodined all the aluminum before powder coating then on the valve covers I removed the powder coat from the lettering with a scotchbrite disk on my diegrinder and then re alodined the bare aluminum. Alodine is a chemical conversion coating for aluminum used for corrosion control and is gold in appearance. (Alodine is different from anodized) The aluminum could be polished to a high silver luster still if so desired. 

The red valve cover is still available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/9/2018 at 10:28 PM, torynich said:

I glass beaded and alodined all the aluminum before powder coating then on the valve covers I removed the powder coat from the lettering with a scotchbrite disk on my diegrinder and then re alodined the bare aluminum. Alodine is a chemical conversion coating for aluminum used for corrosion control and is gold in appearance. (Alodine is different from anodized) The aluminum could be polished to a high silver luster still if so desired. 

The red valve cover is still available.

Interested in red valve cover. Is transmission still available? 

I would be willing to strip the powder coat off the intake manifold and heat shield and re- powder coat in practically any color you want if you purchase the Weber's (same price)...don't forget, free shipping.

Now is a good time to get rid of some of that worthless Bitcoin :D