IGNORED

VINTAGE Z auction in JAPAN

kats

Oh  I miss this red car, I saw this car in person in 1997  at Auto garage Motoyama .( HLS30-00630)

I talked a manager a several years ago , he said this car went to a car fanatic with 5 Ferraris , with very discounted price like a half of its original purchase ( we have heard it was 650 0000 JPY at the auction in the US.)

Where is this car now ? And where are the rest of them in Japan ? One thing I can tell is most of Vintage Z s do not want to go out, seem to me they want to stay inside.

Kats

IMG_4509.JPG

Edited by kats

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that safari gold car in Nostalgic Hero. He had modified it in some ways yet still maintaining a very "original" vibe.  The twin pipe exhaust is what I loved the most. How was the auction Kats?  

That red car with the Monte bumper and the Works rally wheels is divine.

Ben

• Thanks 1

Ben, yes the Safari gold car has some modifications such a 5 speed transmission, and a dual exhaust system etc. The owner was not happy about the finish of the car when he saw it in Japan, then he sent the car to a restoration shop to have fully restoration all over again .

The auction date is  Friday 12th , so it is coming soon.

Kats

i believe we may be about to witness the effects of the main core (think bell curve) of the 'baby boomer' retirement phenomenon.  This will unleash into the classic car market thousands of aging-but-wealthy people with time and a lot of money on their hands and a deep pool of nostalgia that they want to have serviced.  There aren't enough Ferraris, Cobras, Maseratis and E-Types to go around, and too many of the other obvious choices are too uncomfortable or unreliable to suit a seventy-year-old trying to relive his or her youth in style, safety and comfort.  The days of the $25K 240Z may be coming to and end soon.  Only the Porsche 911 and the Alfa GTV tick the same boxes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1