IGNORED

2018 ZCON Information

SteveJ

Thanks for the update Steve!   I agree, the website looks great.

One of the issues that came up in Austin last year,  was trailer parking.   The hotel did not set up a separate area for the trailers,  they were just mixed in with the reserved Z car parking.  Returning to the hotel and finding parking was a challenge some days.  Hopefully, this is being set up with the Sonesta.  I noticed on the registration there is a provision for trailers,  so maybe this has already been factored in.

Trailer parking was brought up early in the committee's discussions on hotel selection. It doesn't hurt that Z1 Motorsports has used the Sonesta for the past 2 ZNationals, though there aren't nearly as many trailer queens at that show.

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, SteveJ said:

I just wanted to make sure you guys know that the pricing on the registration site is for early registration. You need to register by March 15 to take advantage of those prices.

Steve,

I had some questions and I was gonna PM but I decided a public inquisition might be better.

Ok, so if I register as the main registrant what is the drawback of registering Shelley as my guest registrant?

Cody would like to come too. If I register him as a child will he be able to participate in all the events. Any limitations on that?

29 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Steve,

I had some questions and I was gonna PM but I decided a public inquisition might be better.

Ok, so if I register as the main registrant what is the drawback of registering Shelley as my guest registrant?

Cody would like to come too. If I register him as a child will he be able to participate in all the events. Any limitations on that?

No drawbacks to having Shelley as your guest that I'm aware of. What events does Cody want to participate in? Brewery Night? ;)

If he wants to do karting at Lanier Raceplex, you or Shelley must sign his life away. (See the waiver forms at this link: http://lanierraceplex.com/about/) Other than Brewery Night, Cody should be able to go to the events. Were you thinking of him doing Autocross? I'm assuming he's not going to try to track the 510 wagon. It's free to observe/hang out at track day and autocross. If there are specific event questions, let me know.

22 hours ago, SteveJ said:

No drawbacks to having Shelley as your guest that I'm aware of. What events does Cody want to participate in? Brewery Night? ;)

If he wants to do karting at Lanier Raceplex, you or Shelley must sign his life away. (See the waiver forms at this link: http://lanierraceplex.com/about/) Other than Brewery Night, Cody should be able to go to the events. Were you thinking of him doing Autocross? I'm assuming he's not going to try to track the 510 wagon. It's free to observe/hang out at track day and autocross. If there are specific event questions, let me know.

If we get it properly sorted he would probably love to make laps in the 510...

I thought I might register the 510 and hopefully the 240 if I can get it running by then. Might register the 350Z too. That would be my three cars. Signing his life away is not an issue as we have had to do that multiple times in the past.

He would love brewery night but that might be frowned upon...:finger:

So even as a guest or a child registrant they still can participate in all the activities. Any limitations to that, that you know of?

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

If we get it properly sorted he would probably love to make laps in the 510...

I thought I might register the 510 and hopefully the 240 if I can get it running by then. Might register the 350Z too. That would be my three cars. Signing his life away is not an issue as we have had to do that multiple times in the past.

So even as a guest or a child registrant they still can participate in all the activities. Any limitations to that, that you know of?

I sent a message to the organizing group about track day and autocross with respect to age. When you say "love to make laps", are you referring to one of those events?

By the way, in addition to the karting event at Lanier Raceplex, I was thinking about seeing if a group wanted to go to K1 Speed on Wednesday night for those not going to the brewery night. 

Aside from brewery night and the HPDE track day, I don't really see anything where Cody couldn't attend.

Edit: To clarify, I don't know if Cody could drive in the HPDE, but he could certainly hang out at the track. That's what I plan on doing if I can.

Edited by SteveJ

57 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

I sent a message to the organizing group about track day and autocross with respect to age. When you say "love to make laps", are you referring to one of those events?

As  an FYI Cody will be 18 yo by Zcon 18 can I register him as a child? Does that affect his making laps?

I don't think he would autocross but might like to make laps at the track day in a controlled environment.

Chris Karl, ZCCA President, and several of us from the planning committee visited some of the convention sites, yesterday, including the Sonesta Hotel, Coolray Field (planned site for the People's Choice show), Road Atlanta (track day), Lanier Raceplex (planned site for Autocross & Karting) and Sweetwater Brewery.

We met with the event planners at the hotel and toured it extensively. I did bring up trailer parking, and that was included in the tour. The hotel has open air parking and a parking garage. There will be regular security patrols and video surveillance. Here's a map of the hotel site showing the parking areas. It is very near I-85. Coming from the north, you make a left off of I-85 onto Pleasant Hill Rd. From the south, you make a right onto Pleasant Hill Rd. Note: this is a diverging diamond interchange, meaning the lanes on Pleasant Hill Rd cross over. It can be a little confusing the first time you encounter it. If you are bringing a trailer, make a right off of Pleasant Hill Rd onto Shackleford Rd and a left into the hotel parking lot. That's also the way to go if you want to use the parking garage.

Sonesta Parking Map.jpg

Diverging Diamond Intersection.jpg

Edited by SteveJ

Here's a video of some members of the planning committee hard at work, verifying that the go karts at Lanier Raceplex are suitable for ZCON attendees.  

We are doing our best to leave no detail to chance.

• Like 1

• Mike unpinned this topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.