IGNORED

Misfiring and sluggish acceleration when exiting traffic jam

jalexquijano

Just installed a coolant reservoir tank to my champion 3 row radiator. It´s working better now. Anyway, the car is still presenting some sluggish acceleration after getting  stuck on a 5 to 10 mins short traffic. Can someone explain to me why if i pull out all the NGK BP6ES spark plugs and brush the carbón off, the car accelerates fine? I have both of my carbs set to 3 turns clockwise. If i lower it more, i start loosing power at 1st gear.

On 2/10/2017 at 8:40 PM, Mark Maras said:

Yeah, clean them again. You've already discovered how it will run with fouled plugs. New plugs would be better.

Left to right in the following order 6-5-4-3-2-1. I pulled them out yesterday after the long idle on saturday evening traffic. I even noticed that the spark plug gap was reduced from .031 to .028. Is this normal? Too much heat is causing this???

20171004_185642.jpg

Get some new plugs, gap them, while you have the old ones out do a compression check, write down the results for each cylinder, put the new ones in drive it for a week, take pictures of plugs and post.

FI or Carbs?

Edited by Dave WM

2 hours ago, Dave WM said:

Get some new plugs, gap them, while you have the old ones out do a compression check, write down the results for each cylinder, put the new ones in drive it for a week, take pictures of plugs and post.

FI or Carbs?

Gap how much?? Using petronix ignitor and flamethrower coil. 2 Su carbutetors

4 hours ago, Dave WM said:

Good advice. I'm surprised at the color variation in the plugs. Especially #5 and #4 since #6, #5, & #4 all run off the rear carb. @jalexquijano Is there always that much difference in #5 & #4 plugs?