IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

Got the oil changed in the transmission, wow did it smell nasty.  I hope the transmission is good.  I also will be replacing all hoses, got the brake master done, used some copper wire to create the stock bends.  Also removing heater hoses with the AC unit was a giant pain!

Booster is back from being rebuilt.  Only issue is it came back with a paint run in it.  But it's on the bottom, so I won't worry about it.  

My 15/16th master cylinder won't work, the stupid bleeders are on the wrong side and hit the air cleaner:( I will have to find another or go wilwood.  

20171003_225849972_iOS.jpg

Found all the belts and got them installed along with my radiator and hoses! She might someday run again.  Also found out my AC idler pulley was seized, but luckily someone on a site had found a napa part #38038 that matches perfect, either then pressing a bearing out, plus the pulley was cast iron and heavy and rusted.  

20171005_165719707_iOS.jpg

20171005_182943731_iOS.jpg

20171005_182954216_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

Hopefully the gas tank will go back in next week after coating, started to replace hoses today.  Going with normal rubber gas lines, not the braided, I am not going to do braided on anything.  I strangely don't like the way it looks.  Sorry guys.

But I am very happy to find no rust behind these panels! Just lots of dust. Clamps still look brand new, a few of the grommets are ruined and dried, but I should be able to get the areas cleaned and done fairly quickly.  Also looks to have had the rear taillights switched out at some point?  Or a new wiring harness? So strange.  

20171006_191649606_iOS.jpg

20171006_190332324_iOS.jpg

20171006_190335927_iOS.jpg

11 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

It's almost easier to pull the whole dash than it is to climb in upside down with your face crammed into the passenger foot well, miserable job. Did you also change the heater valve while you were in there?

I didn’t change the valve. It looks brand new and holds pressure. Fingers crossed! Also tested the heater core. But it could still be bad. 

Yes, I just replaced my heater core hoses a couple of weeks ago. More fun than laughing right out loud! Found in another thread that the key is to unscrew the valve from the side of the heater core, undo the little hose from the valve to the core and then completely remove the valve from the hose that goes through the firewall. This gets you "almost" decent access to the hose closest to the firewall. Then went in reverse. Still a pain in the butt. I also replaced that little reducer hose by the block heater hose and ordered a backup, I figure that little piece of hose with the 2 different size ends will be discontinued like some of the fuel tank vent hoses.

Edited by w3wilkes