Home Built Z 'Full video build' - Page 52 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Featured Replies

No power steering might be a game changer for Ms Jeff taking the keys.  It's not a problem when driving but turning from a full stop requires some upper body strength.   Combine that with a hot day and no A/C and you've got a free gym membership.  It always surprises people.  ??

No power steering, no problem!
2657f9251bfac0029442ded35ec13a33.jpg

10 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Only drag race if you have the Z.... and put some bags of cement in the boot of the V8 to be safe, the Mrs. seems very serious.

Plus she's been studying famous race cheating methods...

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
In this episode I retrim the seats to match the rest of the trim in the 680g.
 
 
 
 
 

Edited by Home Built by Jeff

Jeff, you can get fabric dye pens from hobby stores that will allow you to dye your seat stitches blue to match. I did that on my 370Z and it worked fabulous almost 10 years ago. Still looks great today.

  • Author
7 hours ago, wheee! said:

Jeff, you can get fabric dye pens from hobby stores that will allow you to dye your seat stitches blue to match. I did that on my 370Z and it worked fabulous almost 10 years ago. Still looks great today.

I might look into that. It would be a great finishing touch.

  • Author
In this episode I fail to fit new wheel studs, but I swap in the new fuel filler and some other bits.
 
 

Jeff, The rear wheel studs are longer than the fronts.  Replace the fronts with the longer rears (order a new set of rears to use in the front).  Here, people also use the wheel studs from the Nissan Quest - they are longer and have a knurl that fits.

I'm sure there are also any number of threads with info on how people have gotten their wheels to fit here, and on HybridZ...

Edited by cgsheen1

  • Author
3 hours ago, cgsheen1 said:

Jeff, The rear wheel studs are longer than the fronts.  Replace the fronts with the longer rears (order a new set of rears to use in the front).  Here, people also use the wheel studs from the Nissan Quest - they are longer and have a knurl that fits.

I'm sure there are also any number of threads with info on how people have gotten their wheels to fit here, and on HybridZ...

When I ordered the studs I measured both front and rear and just got ones long enough for both. Most have suggested to drill out the centres of the holes and press the ones I have in.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.