IGNORED

Home Built Z 'Full video build'

Home Built by Jeff

If you use 45's then consider a 33 or 34mm choke.  The transition from the 33mm choke to the larger 45mm throat (vs 40mm throat) is the challenging tuning aspect to address according to Passini (fuel will precipitate).

Below is a table I made to help fit side-draft carbs to Datsun I6 Engines of different displacements and 6500rpm redline. 

• The red trace is for racing applications and is taken from the Weber's formula.
  • The blue line is extrapolated for street.
  • 3 real-world data points are plotted to validate the extrapolation.

For an L28 street application, a 40DCOE with 32 or 33 mm choke is the ideal.

For 50DCOE racing and running at a 6500 redline, one will need a 3.4litre displacement engine. 

note for racers: Operating at higher RPM's than 6500 pushes the red  line up.

image.png

Edited by 240260280
  • Like 1

A good way to destroy drivability..Even on mine with a 262 cam I got nothing under 2k and the power just starts a 4k, above that it comes alive but not the friendliest for taking off from street lights in a civil way., in other words...its a hooligans car.

• Like 2

Jeff,

FYI:here is a long thread on optimizing 45DCOE's on an L28.  We are getting closer to a final optimized state but there is one unfavourable  parameter we have not been able to tune out yet .  Hopefully we will get it resolved before you go to triple 45's so that it can help in tuning your application.

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/56375-weber-selection-and-initial-jet-tuning/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

@Home Built by Jeff

I don't think I ever saw you comment on your new primer gun. Do you like it? Is it worth it to invest in high quality guns?

Realistically, the finish for primer doesn't require a special gun. When it comes to colour and particularly clear, that is when a good gun is worth while. Just to get a nice clean consistent coverage.

25 minutes ago, tzagi1 said:

Jeff, will you be making a vegas run?

Unfortunately not this time. This will be a flying trip, I get in on Sunday arvo, work the whole week on the engine and then fly out Saturday arvo.