IGNORED

WTB 240z tokico HP rear shocks used

aceofspades

What part number?

Tokico often used one shock body for several part numbers, using a spacer to make up the total length, and sometimes just sticking another label on for different model cars.  For example, the 3038 is the base for the  3012 and 3013 280Z numbers.  I have a set myself, but missing a 3012. 

Not sure what the 240Z numbers are.

Did you try Silvermine or Summit? Both show them listed for around $90.00. If you Google Tokico HP Datsun 240z, other vendors show them as well. May be leftover inventory. Are you sure they are discontinued? That would be a shame.....a great strut for the price!

the rear shock HP is a HZ3016, 

the 5 way is a BZ3016 seems to have a spacer on the bottom which is funny.....

whitehead has them but he jacked up the price to 200 a shock....

I have been calling vendors and checking ebay sadly i have been getting a few to pull the listing..  even MSA has nothing...

I can get  adjustable for 155-160 a shock  if i can find them..... I found one so far for 155 shipped but that is only one adjustable............

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

Here's an informative thread.  If you find one, make sure it's the newer style with the press-on spacer, not the welded on.  You already have the gland nut so all you need is the shock body.  3038.

So when you ordered Tokicos in the past you got new gland nuts too? 

7 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

I received two gland nuts with my last order.

Interesting.  Is that because the inside of the nut that holds strut in place and is a different size than stock? Or is the concern it would be damaged when removed?