280ZX Convertibles - History - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280ZX Convertibles

Featured Replies

I recently purchased a 1980 280ZX Convertible.  From the research I have read Nissan commissioned Belvedere to convert ten 1980 280ZX automobiles to convertibles with substantial reinforcement to the frame.  I have original literature from Nissan/Belvedere picturing the convertible with the invoice for the modification.

Can anyone provide additional information regarding these 280ZX conversions.

image1-2.jpeg

Does it have a trunk?

Pretty rare I would think. You scored!

Back in the late 80s a buddy of mine decided he wanted a targa top on his '75. Cut the roof out and the car started folding up. LOL  He had some iron welded to the underside then got stuck on a speed breaker. He was an idiot.

Edited by siteunseen

  • Author

Thanks for your response siteunseen. 

Yes it does have a trunk.  Holds the spare with additional space for storage.

 

  • 5 years later...

I Just found this in a collection of brochures:

image.jpeg

Anyone on the Forum own one?

Keith

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Oh.. i see it's a old topic.. i once could buy a 300zx cabriolet/convertible, also done by a american specialist but it was another one.. forgotten the name of it.

Remember the maker of the 300zx z31 cabriolet, it was Straman.. I wonder if they made 280zx cabriolets/convertables?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.