IGNORED

What is this?

70 Fairlady Z

2 hours ago, HS30-H said:

You are - of course - missing the whole point. It's the lifting of images LOSING ORIGINAL CONTEXT that's the problem. If they stay with their explanations, or at least a link to the source, then it's all fine and dandy.

Quoted for Zed Head's attention, even if he chooses to ignore it.

3 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

Oh look, the Prima Donna's nose is bent out of shape YET AGAIN, sure doesn't take much does it? 

Hooray! Tonto showed up!

I think you should leave the rude comments about Zed Head out of this. The term 'Prima Donna' has unfortunate connotations in the Z world.

6 hours ago, HS30-H said:

That's a chicken and egg question. "If you want to get there, then don't start from here..."

I'd start by working backwards from where you right-click-and-saved it from.

This internet/world wide web thing was a good idea when it started, but it's been going to hell in a hand cart ever since I tell you...

No need, I got the answer I was looking for. Guess I could have searched Fairlady Z 160, would it have mattered?

5 minutes ago, RHDNISSANDATSUNDUDE said:

No need, I got the answer I was looking for. Guess I could have searched Fairlady Z 160, would it have mattered?

Make sure you understand that - contrary to what Zed Head appears to believe - I wasn't directly accusing you of anything. The fact is that images are being posted on platforms like Pinterest and the like and nobody can tell where they originally appeared on the 'net. That's the 'context' I'm talking about. It's the stripping of the conversation around them that seems such a waste to me. I can't do anything about the wider issue and I know it's a ship that's already sailed, but the image you posted was clearly one that I had posted elsewhere with context and some explanation (I own a copy of the somewhat rare magazine issue that it was first published in, I took the time to scan that image and I posted it as part of a conversation where it was relevant) so forgive me for any bittersweet tone you may have detected. I feel a little paternal about it, that's all. The irony is that I think classiczcars is THE place where you would get a comprehensive and correct answer to such a question.

By the way, whilst we are on the topic, nice avatar you have there. Recognise this?

CBQv7Q.jpg   

On 5/10/2017 at 7:33 PM, HS30-H said:

Make sure you understand that - contrary to what Zed Head appears to believe - I wasn't directly accusing you of anything. The fact is that images are being posted on platforms like Pinterest and the like and nobody can tell where they originally appeared on the 'net. That's the 'context' I'm talking about. It's the stripping of the conversation around them that seems such a waste to me. I can't do anything about the wider issue and I know it's a ship that's already sailed, but the image you posted was clearly one that I had posted elsewhere with context and some explanation (I own a copy of the somewhat rare magazine issue that it was first published in, I took the time to scan that image and I posted it as part of a conversation where it was relevant) so forgive me for any bittersweet tone you may have detected. I feel a little paternal about it, that's all. The irony is that I think classiczcars is THE place where you would get a comprehensive and correct answer to such a question.

By the way, whilst we are on the topic, nice avatar you have there. Recognise this?

CBQv7Q.jpg   

It's all good, I am new to the S30 realm. I would expect nothing more than the correct answer here. Yeah, nice pic!