IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

Datsun Spirit does not make an exhaust. I don't want to speak for Eiji but in my many dealings with him his "speciality" is designing and building L series motors.
Feel I should vouch for him also considering prior confusion of Spirit garage. Datsun Spirit is professional to deal with and a true Datsun enthusiast. Only does high quality work.
I will be removing the Fujitsubo exhaust I am running on one of his 3 liter motors soon and installing Z story race sport set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dreamzz said:

Datsun Spirit does not make an exhaust.

Datsun Spirit is professional to deal with and a true Datsun enthusiast. Only does high quality work.
I will be removing the Fujitsubo exhaust I am running on one of his 3 liter motors soon and installing Z story race sport set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Thanks for the precisions except why replace a working exhaust with another ?

On 12/04/2017 at 7:08 AM, Jason240z said:

This is the spirit garage system

https://www.rhdjapan.com/spirit-garage-stainless-dual-muffler-exhaust-manifold-header-set-240zg-s30-s31.html

Obviously, cheaper direct etc.

Here.

http://www.spiritgarage.com/product/21

Thought you would have known of these Sean ;)

incase you missed it.

Edited by Jason240z

Thanks for the precisions except why replace a working exhaust with another ?

I believe you and I had this conversation when I purchased your race sport exhaust system. There are different levels of a "working" exhaust. Fitment , flow, exhaust note,etc. To keep from repeating and as I expressed previously in the beginning of this thread...post #10, #25, and #34 -36....the old style fujitsubo system does not meet my "working" needs. Fitment on my 75 280z even after cutting and welding was and still is my biggest reason followed by an exhaust note that in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired. As for flow or horsepower gains I don't have any probably marginal comparisons yet. I am still breaking in the motor and in my judgement cant justify doing 4 or 5 hard pulls on the dyno yet.
Again, maybe poor fitment is part of the reason for the new style fujitsubo exhaust which does also have a different style resonator and therefore a different exhaust note too. Hopefully a proud new owner of the new fujitsubo system will post info soon?

--- I am looking forward to installing new zstory race/sport headers and exhaust and will post updates

Sent from my SM-T377V using Classic Zcar Club mobile

2 hours ago, Dreamzz said:

To keep from repeating and as I expressed previously in the beginning of this thread...post #10, #25, and #34 -36....the old style fujitsubo system does not meet my "working" needs. Fitment on my 75 280z even after cutting and welding was and still is my biggest reason followed by an exhaust note that in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm curious as to why you purchased a Fujitsubo exhaust system in the first place? Who told you it would fit a 1975 280Z without needing to be modified?

3 hours ago, Dreamzz said:

I believe you and I had this conversation when I purchased your race sport exhaust system. There are different levels of a "working" exhaust. Fitment , flow, exhaust note,etc. To keep from repeating and as I expressed previously in the beginning of this thread...post #10, #25, and #34 -36....the old style fujitsubo system does not meet my "working" needs. Fitment on my 75 280z even after cutting and welding was and still is my biggest reason followed by an exhaust note that in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired. As for flow or horsepower gains I don't have any probably marginal comparisons yet. I am still breaking in the motor and in my judgement cant justify doing 4 or 5 hard pulls on the dyno yet.
Again, maybe poor fitment is part of the reason for the new style fujitsubo exhaust which does also have a different style resonator and therefore a different exhaust note too. Hopefully a proud new owner of the new fujitsubo system will post info soon?

--- I am looking forward to installing new zstory race/sport headers and exhaust and will post updates

can I ask what issues you had?

2 hours ago, HS30-H said:

Who told you it would fit a 1975 280Z without needing to be modified?

Perhaps what is lacking from this 'and other ?) Japanese parts suppliers is some constructive advice before and after sales ?

Admittedly it takes time but :

a)I enjoy conversing with fellow owners even if a sale doesn't materialise and I won't sell one if not needed - no hard sell.

B)it is counter-productive to blind sell and simply say 'buyer-beware' - this is a small Z world !

15 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

Perhaps what is lacking from this 'and other ?) Japanese parts suppliers is some constructive advice before and after sales ?

Take that up with the "suppliers" then. Personally I'd rather converse with the designer/manufacturer/brand owner to make sure I'm buying the right part in the first place, and I'd reach out in the Japanese language if that was necessary.

Presumably if you get an enquiry from Japan regarding your exhausts, you'll answer it promptly and fully in Japanese? You'll need to be able to tell them that your exhausts are not JASMA certificated, you are not a JASMA licensed manufacturer and that using your exhausts on Japanese roads is illegal.

Wow
Please read whole thread and previously mentioned posts.
When you do you will see the old style fujitsubo exhaust had to have same modifications on a 240z as well as my 75 280z.
As far as what fitment issues .... please see pics I previously posted.
And all suppliers like whitehead performance state it fits 75 280z. Rhdjapan states 240z but told me it would fit especially considering the 280z has a wider Trans tunnel. Maybe people have different ideas of fitment.
Was just sharing my experience amd advice (buyer beware)to help others. That is what I use this forum for.
Happy ZRider