IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

3 hours ago, HS30-H said:

What are these two, Sean? The one on the left is aftermarket. Looks like a stainless Spirit Garage item to me. The one on the right looks like one of the old MSA systems.

Yep, looks Spirit, the origine wasn't mentioned I recall from where I took the photo.

So did MSA supply them before with a small resonator box ? I've only ever seen them w/out ? Strange angle of the rear muffler though - they usually hang up and towards the rear fender (more space).

DSC09403.JPG

baffled.jpg

5 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

No, I don't think that Nissan would have left that detail in if unused. Much more likely to have allowed the use of the 'Z432' twin-pipe system as a JDM sports-option for L-series engines.

Why not if they've already made the pressings etc?

I'm trying to work out the positives of routing that section so far apart and then back together.  the only one I can think of would be a few cm of clearance?

You need to remember that there's roll hoop/cage mountings left in lots of cars, unused, plus all the other little bits.

could it mean we've all got a single part of 432r in our cars? :)

14 minutes ago, Jason240z said:

Why not if they've already made the pressings etc?

I'm trying to work out the positives of routing that section so far apart and then back together.  the only one I can think of would be a few cm of clearance?

could it mean we've all got a single part of 432r in our cars? :)

Yep - pressings made to allow ALL S30s to run a dual line system.....but single side exit.

The positives (in my view) are to allow a twin pipe sysyem to be fitted with good ground clearance.

I'm sure 'someone' will be along to tell us that this is one of many common features....I remember being told that the rh hole in the rad support panel was for the S20 air filter for ex. Then the roll-bar fixing points but there must be dozens of others - Nissan's conception was so smart !

4 hours ago, HS30-H said:

What are these two, Sean? The one on the left is aftermarket. Looks like a stainless Spirit Garage item to me. The one on the right looks like one of the old MSA systems.

Left is the cheaper spirit garage.  I am leaning that way, I love the look of the dual going into the muffler and how high it would tuck.  I need to find out more, but this looks to be an adapter from stock manifold to the spirit garage.  I might keep my motor and manifold stock for now.  Then upgrade down the road.  My stock exhaust is shot though.  

https://www.rhdjapan.com/spirit-garage-dual-support-exhaust-outlet-l6.html

1420.JPG

1417_2.JPG

I experimented with tucking and rectangular muffler up into the well behind the wheel.  It looks great but it becomes a cavity resonator and significantly couples noise into the cabin.  I now know why Z's have the low profile round muffler that seem to try and stay out of that cavity.

Yes there is a muffler in there.

image.png

image.png

Edited by 240260280

20 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

That isn't a muffler !:P

Franky.....maybe one day...it's on my mind, not being better but different, another option product like different headers and mufflers.

If this would be a muffler, would it be less raspy? This "raspiness" is holding me back from buying your System. Its to high=annoying for a daily driver.

The muffler is raspy above 4500 revs - if you drive always to max revs then that is because you want that sound and frequently.

There are two other muffler choices : Classic (less raspy) and Street - quieter all round.

Hopefully one of the 3x choices fits each person's needs and desires.