IGNORED

240Z from TN

thumpgun

Hi, and thanks. I love this car. Before I got it it had been converted to MSD ignition. It has the matching number L24 and has been converted to roundtop carbs. Tokico spirings and Illumina struts and a vented 280Z hood. Since I've owned it it's had new head gasket, valve stem seals, Centerforce II clutch. It is originally a 113 Green Metallic car which I will return it to someday. It has Shelby Diamondback wheels 14x6.

My plans are redo suspension bushings, new shocks, stainless braided brake lines, Watanabe R type wheels, stainless exhaust system, and the body work and paint will gradually happen one day.

The RX-7 is an '85 GS, streetported 12A. Racing Beat catback exhaust, Centerforce II clutch, BBS Mahle wheels 15x7

The Kafer is a '61 with a 1641cc dual port motor, built from a shell. It's had everything done to it.

Thanks for the welcome! I love Datsun's and Z cars and everything I can look at, read, study and see about them. Datsun's, Mazda's and VW's are my favorites.

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_20161121_014154.jpg

14480720.jpg

IMG_20150920_210934XXX.jpg

• Like 3

I'm in Tennessee. No the split is my buddies car. It's a '52 and it's cool. We did a lot of work to both of those cars. There's tons of photo's of both of them on facebook at Street Panzers Ltd profile page. And my Japanese cars are on there at Zeros Car Club. I alo post them on Instagram @thumpgun1

Thanks! Yeah I love my Beetle. The aircooled cars are so much fun.

I like the brown interior as well. I really wanted a balck interior car but I h ave gotten used to the brown and like. The pictures I have seen of the red interior look awesome. I also like the white interior too.

That's cool. I love old aircooled cars. That one in the background of the pic of mine is my buddies '52. We tore that thing all the way down and he cut the rot out and put new metal in it. It's a really sweet car. He's a got a '57 sliding rag also we did from a shell. I let go of all my VW stuff except the '61. I'm trying to concentrate on Datsun's on RX-7's again. I've had that red '85 FB for 18 years and a '91 TII for 15.

What all do you restore? Hobby or business? Do you have any pics of your Z on your profile? Thanks for the replies everyone. It's fun to post and blab about cars.

This pic is my '61 Beetle at one point.

IMAG0522.jpg

Edited by thumpgun

I understand what you mean. There's hardly time to do anything these days. I will look for your photos and check out the rotisserie work in progress.

My Z is ok like it is but I want to do a lot of things to make it better. So that's my goal is to just work and do it a little at a time. Suspension, wheels and tires are my next goal. And the body work and paint last after all else is finished. And another plan is possibly building over time and adding an L28 with mild cam and triple Mikuni's. Store my factory motor. Or maybe I should just get another Z?....... Hahahaha