IGNORED

OK I got my rear bumper from Black Dragon....

djwarner

I opened the package and was delighted with the quality. Then I noticed there were no holes for the rubber bumper strips.

So what do I do? Drill the missing holes and install the rubber strips - or - since I'm getting ready to sell the Series I - install the bumper and harvest the strips for the new buyer to decide? The strips are about 2 years old and should be recoverable from the old bumper.

DJ - If the front bumper has the rubber strips, you probably want to make the rear look the same.  Unless otherwise specified, most/all of these aftermarket bumpers are styled like euro and JDM units without the bumper strips.  I think Nissan did the rubber strips only for the North American market.  On that new rear unit, there's likely no holes for the small vertical overriders or bumperettes as I usually call them.

Jim

I'm transplanting a 323hp 3.6L Chevy LFX/6L50 into a 2011 Miata hardtop convertible. I originally was going to put it into a 240Z or 260Z, but finding a good rolling chassis in FL proved a bit difficult.

The Miata is scheduled to weigh just about 2600lbs. So it should be like a small block chevy/Zcar hybrid when it is done. But with ABS, air bags etc.

10 hours ago, jfa.series1 said:

most/all of these aftermarket bumpers are styled like euro and JDM units without the bumper strips.  I think Nissan did the rubber strips only for the North American market.  On that new rear unit, there's likely no holes for the small vertical overriders or bumperettes as I usually call them.

Eurobumpers do have the horizontal rubbers, just not those bumperettes!  But also do have the holes in them for these bumperettes or "rozettes as we call them...  these are 8mm.  In the euro version Nissan had closed these holes with rubber caps..datsun 280 023.jpg This red one (Mine..) has the original bumpers with euro rubbers.. Notice also the euro style indicators ON the bumpers due to regulations in the Netherlands.. These were original in the Netherlands. my car became road legal after restoring in 2000. Later on the American indicators became legal also (Round 2010 or so?)   (Bumperettes were NEVER used in Europe as far as i know, certainly not in the Netherlands, i find them ugly and dead weight !)

Edited by Martzedcars

12 hours ago, djwarner said:

I'm transplanting a 323hp 3.6L Chevy LFX/6L50 into a 2011 Miata hardtop convertible. I originally was going to put it into a 240Z or 260Z, but finding a good rolling chassis in FL proved a bit difficult.

The Miata is scheduled to weigh just about 2600lbs. So it should be like a small block chevy/Zcar hybrid when it is done. But with ABS, air bags etc.

You're going to have serious fun with that Miata - I can just envision the  surprise from the Mustang and Camaro crowd, probably some 'Vette owners too.  We'll miss your posts and conversations on this forum.  Keep us updated on your sale, it will contribute to our ongoing valuation discussions.