IGNORED

interior molding prevention

siteunseen

Nope.... the white stuff is best.  We put it on french fries in Canada... btw it is a big component in Ketchup so you put it on your french fries too and may not know :)

FYI it works great on crusty road salt on carpet as well.... we also put salt on our french fries.

The next time I have french fries in the car I'll just roll them under the brake pedal for seasoning.  yummie.

Actually the smell of the vinegar will not last too long. Especially if you just wipe with a cloth or mist then wipe away.

Sulphuric is another beast altogether: my wife's co-worker  tipped a battery in the back seat area and the car always smelled like vinegar. They went to detail shops several times. They somehow sold it (buyer probably had no sense of smell).... reminded us of the Seinfeld episode with the stinky car.

Now to make it fish and chips:

We vacationed in PEI a few years ago and bought fish and chips at a road side take-out.  We drove with the stuff in brown paper bags for less than 30min then ate it in the cottage.  The car stunk like fish for over a month!

14 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

May try a diluted bleach and water.  Heavily diluted!

Or buy a handheld Dirt Devil. 

vinegar is supposed to be best. I used it once and it worked great.  I just read that letting 3% Hydrogen peroxide sit for a while also does a good job... it has minimal smell.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

vinegar is supposed to be best. I used it once and it worked great.  I just read that letting 3% Hydrogen peroxide sit for a while also does a good job... it has minimal smell.

Thank you Phillip.  I can take odorless peroxide. it's cheap too.

If I took a peroxide bath it would erupt with fizzle like a grade school science project. LOL

i use these type of crystals that absorb water in my gun safe. i fill a water bottle about 1/4 full of the crystals, and maybe 3 months later the bottle is half full of water. maybe try this in your car with the windows cracked just a bit cant remember the name..............

Edited by sweatybetty